PLL Pinmod Overclocking Methods and Examples

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by moral hazard, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Ensure you've put your CPU voltage to the highest available before starting dual-IDA. If the system freezes then the T7500 just can't handle running at the overclocked BCLK you've set.

A T8100 would be more likely able to handle the overclock due to it's 45nm tech with smaller and better internal cache. ebay shows T8100 and T7500 are the same price so changeover costs would be minimal. The T8100 being more suitable for your overclocking purposes.

2. masterjumong2012

masterjumong2012 Notebook Geek

Reputations:

i found a way to make the DUAL IDA trick work on me

what i did was Run throttlestep step first and do the DUAL IDA Trick

if i do the setfsb first. it would result in my computer lockup

right now the maximum overclock i manage is 245 + 12x and it is stable on games but it would crash on Prime95

so i lowered it to 241 + 21x and it is running very stable on Prime95
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

right now i currently settled to 240 + 12x and it is running very stable and very cool especially at games

i still haven't found a successful way to change the SPD on my RAM. the only last resort i am thinking now is to use WinXP and try if SPDTool would work on it but i don't have WinXP in hand right now so it would take time if that is the only option

as for the T8100. im having a hardtime justifying if i should get that chip or not

if i can clock T8100 for atleast a minimum of 3.2Ghz on my computer, i would seriously consider getting it. published results of an overclocked T8100 would be nice and an overclock 3.2Ghz+ would be more than welcome:D

3. moral hazard

moral hazard Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well I couldn't stop myself, went for a pinmod today. First tried the fsla pinmod, no POST. Then tried the TME pinmod (followed what nando4 did with his HP 2530P). byte 9 has gone from 65 to 25. I am trying to find the registers that control the FSB (hard without a datasheet).

4. pedromsribeiro

pedromsribeiro Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all

i have a doubt on solder the pin 57 to the ground can i solder the wire from the point 1 to the ground, like image (because it hasn't a resistor) or i must disconnect the pin 57 from the board and solder a wire from the pin to the ground.
    ICS 9LPRS365BGLF pin 57.jpg

5. moral hazard

Reputations:
    Yes I think that should work.

But to be safe, I would use a resistor when you connect point 1 to ground.

6. pedromsribeiro

pedromsribeiro Newbie

Reputations:
    What kind a resistor may i use, i know that someone on the forum used a 33ohm!! 10k seems too small!! any idea?

7. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    A larger resistor is preferred for your application as it just acts as a very low power protector against short circuiting. P=V^2/R

8. niffcreature

niffcreature computer lesbian

Reputations:
    Well, thats interesting about the power saving mode on x3100 IGP allowing for higher overclocking. I wonder about pci-e and sata power saving modes?

What were you trying to do moral hazard, couldn't you find the registers eventually with setpll trial and error?

9. moral hazard

Reputations:
    If you're talking about the nb500, I was able to find one register that changed the frequency. Only problem is that the system locks up 99% of the time when I change that register.

If this netbook had a restart button then I could change the register, restart and have the frequency I want. But I can't restart (only fully turn off and turn back on, which resets the PLL registers):(

I have been thinking of wiring up the FSlB pin to the power button. Since that pin is sampled when the system is turned on, it would look grounded. But then I would let go of the power button and the pin would get it's normal USB clock signal and the system should POST. At least that's the plan.

10. moral hazard

Reputations:
    SetPLL has been updated.

revision.txt
    Code:
    1.0e (3-14-11)
        BUG FIX: to be able to run setpll by giving it's full path, eg: 
           c:\setpll\setpll ics.. so resume-setpll.vbs will now work.
        BUG FIX: delay was off by 1 second.
        BUG FIX: ics9lprs387bklf to allow pci-e clock changes.
        Added -read param to read PLL data and initialise myPLL.lut
        Set default delay parameter when specifying a list of BCLKs to 1 second.
        Added comments explaining PLL config registers to ics9lprs387/397.LUT
        Fixed some typos and revised in setpll.txt
        Included DavyGT's latest m11xR2.lut up to 197Mhz BCLK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.