PLL Pinmod Overclocking Methods and Examples

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by moral hazard, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filip210189

filip210189 Newbie

Reputations:
    So, basically I have the same SetFSB parameters as the poster above and use the last available full version of SetFSB (before "impolite" incident) and still am unable to overclocl since the parameters come back to their default when I press Set FSB. Do I really need to ground pin 4 and why is it showing 0 in the 6th bit if it doesn't allow it without grounding?

2. diablo0815

diablo0815 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I'm coming from german Thinkpad forum and created this thread linked in the first post.

I also overclocked a Thinkpad X61 with T8300 (200 --> 266Mhz FSB). This wasn't stable with orginal Voltage. So I soldered a 22k resistor between FB Pin of ADP3207 and ground. Now the CPU works stable @3,46Ghz (dual IDA). The highest temperature I've seen was 96°C :D At 3,2Ghz it keeps much cooler (<90°C).

Gruß, David

3. Ultra-Insane

Ultra-Insane Under Medicated

Reputations:
    Congrats but <90C is pushing it a bit I would think. Was that a stress test or normal usage?

4. CrimsonEclipse

CrimsonEclipse Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok, in the next few weeks, I'm going to try this with a Vostro 1500 with a T9500.
    Note that this is an end-of-life mod and there are no consequences for destruction.
    It will be fitted with heavy duty heat sinks on both the CPU and Video card so heat is not a primary consideration.

I would like to confirm that I should disconnect AND ground either the 45 for 266 or the 32 for unlocking.
    LINKY
    and adjust using SetFSB

Then use the Socket P pin voltage mod (can't find the link)

It'll be 2-3 weeks until I can cut a hole and then remove the old heat pipes, cut a hole in the case and direct heat sink.
    (yes I know it'll stick out, I use it on a tilt stand anyway)

Miss anything?

CE

5. cdoublejj

cdoublejj Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    has there been any TME unlock for the dell M1330 that hasn't been documented on the main page?

6. ragazzodule

ragazzodule Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys pls can some one help about finding my PLL chip overclock my laptop Toshiba satellite a200 1k8 ,
    I had opened and searched the PLL chip but no luck :confused: ,
    I had downloaded Set FSB_2_3_173_133 and run it and showed me these numbers View attachment m . MHz.bmp , but im little bit a noob and do not know to read and understand the code so can anyone pls help :(

7. BoredUltimatum

BoredUltimatum Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You want to make sure you know what you're doing before changing the frequency. That being said, check both sides of the motherboard if you haven't. My particular laptop's motherboard has the PLL underneath the board (between the motherboard and keyboard). Checking mine would require disconnecting a lot of stuff so you might try looking online for pictures of the motherboard.

8. effesse72

effesse72 Newbie

Reputations:
    Good job done Moral but...

I try to set my SLG8SP556V with SetSFB diagnose tab and register 14 (0E) and now my Lenovo G550 (GL40 chipset) notebook wont start anymore :(

I suppose I have to desold the Silego and change with a pin-to-pin compatible one.

Damn Silego... neither I'm able to reprogram the chip with 2-wire serial TTL-RS232 interface or J-tag?

I wouldn't try before the FS_B (pin 2) pull-down to GND with 10K resistor because I was pretty sure the GL40 chipset maybe didn't support 266Mhz :(

Sorry for my bad English, thank you in advance for any help, best regards !

9. effesse72

effesse72 Newbie

Reputations:
    sorry if I was out of thread :(

10. effesse72

effesse72 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi to all forum's members and gurus,

I try to set my SLG8SP556V with SetSFB diagnose tab and register 14 (0E) and now my Lenovo G550 (GL40 chipset) notebook wont start anymore :(

I suppose I have to desold the Silego and change with a pin-to-pin compatible one.

Damn Silego... neither I'm able to reprogram the chip with 2-wire serial TTL-RS232 interface or J-tag?

I wouldn't try before the FS_B (pin 2) pull-down to GND with 10K resistor because I was pretty sure the GL40 chipset maybe didn't support 266Mhz :(

Sorry for my bad English, thank you in advance for any help, best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.