PLL Pinmod Overclocking Methods and Examples

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by moral hazard, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tqbinh

tqbinh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I flashed my RAM as DDR2 533 (1.33x multiplier) and it works fine on my overclocked to 266Mhz FSB Lenovo T61.

2. schöner Junge

schöner Junge Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I've have some problems when setting my FSB to 333MHZ, I have a CY28410OXC-2 PLL, Datasheet here: www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/TechnicalDocs/CY28410-2.pdf

In SetFSB setting register 6, last 3 bits to bits 1 1 1 my screen goes crazy and I have to pull the plug.
    I don't know how to tell the pll-chip -> output 333 MHZ and make a ratio of FSB:RAM 1:1.

At the moment the cpu e6320 runs at 266 Mhz(x6-x7), the ram at 333 MHz with a ratio of 4:5, do I set the ratio too in the pll?
    What does @PUP or Hi-Z in the datasheet mean?

Any help apreciated, I'm looking into these datasheets like a pig into the clockwork.

3. moral hazard

moral hazard Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The last 3 bits of byte 6 are only sampled on power-up, they can't be directly changed with setfsb as far as I know.

It doesn't look like setfsb can do anything to help you overclock with that PLL.

Best chance is to try to disconnect FS_A and FS_C from GND and then connect them to FS_B or something that will change them to be sampled as 1 instead of 0.

4. schöner Junge

schöner Junge Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the quick reply,
    so you mean physically cut the pins and give them 3.3V, so the SMBus samples another value at this register? Perhaps I'will try it, thanks anyway, interesting topic here.

5. zer00

zer00 Newbie

Reputations:
  6. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Here ya go:

* 6910P schematic
    * ics9lprs355 PLL datasheet with pinouts

+ the first page of this thread as a guide. If soldering or reading circuit diagrams isn't your speciality then suggest seek the services of your local mobile phone repair technician.

7. zer00

zer00 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks I got this but I dont understand it quite good. I thought somebody who did this mod could tell me where and what to do.

Thanks anyway man!

8. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I've done the analysis of the schematics explaining how to do the mod in http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-...947-guide-6910p-6710b-6510b-overclocking.html thread. I don't have a 6910P nor has anybody else expanded on those details with reference to the physical machine and components. So you'd be pioneering the effort from that point on if you decide to take up the challenge.

9. jason13live

jason13live Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know the PLL to HP1191NR

10. Andreche

Andreche Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey brothers...
    does any of you have or know where to find the datasheet of the ICS 9LPRS325CKL?
    I have searched everywhere on the web and nothing. I even wrote to IDT but I got no response yet.

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.