PLL Pinmod Overclocking Methods and Examples

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by moral hazard, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    Thank you for your input. That's really sad news :( I paid €145 for those and it's my most expensive upgrade. Probably I'll just call it a day. I saw your other post, if it turns out to be true, then I'll be able to make FSLx+BSEL mod, and I wont need to flash my RAM, as it would switch to 400MHz table.

EDIT: Yep, protected. Damn hynix.

2. dadik

dadik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, guys

Abo didnt answer, so I am still trying to figure out how to make setfsb work, first of all when I try to alter FSB via setting bits of register 14 , laptop reboots with new FSB instead changing it "on the fly". Does somebody knows why?

Second problem, If I read correctly, PM45 cant boot up on 333, right ? Cause PM45 support up to 1066, so even if my P8400 could handle 333mhz without voltage increase, it wont boot up anyway.

I can see that there was similiar thread long time ago

http://forum.notebookreview.com/har...-upgrades/394367-overclocking-p8400-pm45.html

3. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I did a 266->333Mhz FSLx PLL pinmodded on a P9400-2.4 Dell E4300 after which it booted at 3.0Ghz. Increased it further to 3.16Ghz by running a dual-IDA Throttlestop configuration.

The system needed a VID voltage regulator mod to increase top end voltage at highest multiplier. Samsung DDR3 RAM worked without problem but Hynix would give BSODs. See details. The P9300-2.26 version likely would have not needed any VID voltage regulator mods.

4. dadik

Reputations:
    Thanks for info Nando :)
    I think that VID mod is inevitable, I wont FSLx or any soldering, TME mod was just enough for my shaky hands :D so I really like to do it software way now. Btw link on those datasheets is very usefull for me, I know its not my 513v but some reserved bits are clarified now (I may not fit on mine pll but worth a try) I am still trying to figure out whats causing laptop reboot after FSB change, maybe watchdog ? I am really desperate :/

5. antyfr

antyfr Newbie

Reputations:
    i all i am new (and french)
    i need some help, i have an hp hdx x16 with rtm875n-606
    i have pin mod 11 but i dont know where is bit 6 in offset 09h to read tme_readback(and where is bit 1,2,3...)

thanks

Attached Files:

6. User Retired 2

User Retired 2 Notebook Nobel Laureate NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Your offset 9 bit 6 is zero, meaning TME is unlocked. Pls follow details in Re: RTM875t-606( Info gathering and OCing) to try to overclock the system and report your results.

7. antyfr

antyfr Newbie

Reputations:
    tanks you very much nando4

8. dadik

Reputations:
    Hello, so finally I managed to overlock via TME unlock my P8400@3Ghz (333x9 1,2V)

problem was that my samsung module cant handle 1333 with 1066 timings(Micron can :) ). I still dont know why after FSB altering my laptop reboots with new frequencies.

What do you think guys should I get better modules, do volt mod and try go for 400 ?

And one more question Since FSB increase rebooting is there way to apply this setting before entering OS ?

by the way thanks, without help and this forum I couldnt do it!!

here is screenshot:

Image-Share - image-jpg-1437-177

//edit: aww solo samsung works too, some kind of conflict :/

//edit2:

Bricked that samsung modul, first of all I decreased minimal CAS latencies supported to 8 from 7. It wasnt enough so I decided to drop it to 9 which was rly bad idea, I suppose I can restore modul booting up at 333Mhz.

BTW I used SPD tool but byte 14,15 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Presence_Detect)

9. Javier Gusfraba

Javier Gusfraba Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    First off ,thanks Nando for the links
    the problem is the more info i read the more questions i have.
    my pll is slg8lp554v and my processor is a t7300 @ 200 mhz
    reading over this thread it seems pulling pin 45 to ground via a 5k resistor would achieve 266 mhz operation?
    The problem with that for me is pin 45 ..the trace on motherboard dives through board like 1/32 (random number..its close) of an inch away from
    the pll chip. and im really not to keen on cutting the traces if there is a workaround...looking at your pll mod on your E4300 i see you get 333 mhz from 266 with alot safer approach imo . would a similar type of mod work for 200 - 266 operation? or am i way off base here?

image shack made the quality degrade significantly but here is the shot
    my pll
    ImageShack Album - 2 images

10. dadik

Reputations:
    Hello, in you case 200>266 is 010>000 so u need FS_b pull to 0(10k resistor to gnd) which is pin 45.

266 to 333 000>100 FS_c pull up. But you starting at 200 so both mods, and volt mod for CPU. If u want 333 mhz I recommend you to get PXXXX with 266 default.

I hope it helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.