Please, @Prema, grant me access to your blog!

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Smerdjakov, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smerdjakov

Smerdjakov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I need the newest version of Prema mod by the brilliant @Prema himself. The problem is that his blog (here: https://biosmods.wordpress.com/) is for some reason private. Prema, I'm now speaking directly to you: please let me in man, I desperately need your help.

If anyone else has please share it with me. I'd also like to know why the blog is private. I'm just curious.

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

3. Smerdjakov

Smerdjakov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey, hello man, I saw your videos regarding Prema mod. They're really great, especially the Installation one. Because this is your area of expertise, I'd like to know if the BIOS flash will work on a HP BIOS (68SAD Ver. F.62 BIOS more precisely). And no, the statement you quoted wasn't stupid. I was wondering for the reason to shut down public access to the blog. Were people assholes? Did scammers distribute their malware on @Prema 's blog and he had to make it private? THIS is the kind of curiosity I was pointing towards.

Your answers and insights are much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

P.S.: If you have the newest Prema mod please share it with me. I'll be very grateful.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Not an issue, he probably has his reasons but I cannot speak for him nor distribute any of his work. not that I have any after I sold my Clevo laptop

PS: The BIOS flash can only be flashed on the the laptop model it was meant for. Not even cross flashing between different Clevo machines, so forget about HP unless he makes a custom mod for it.

bloodhawk and Starlight5 like this.
  5. Smerdjakov

Smerdjakov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    OK, thanks for the additional information, man. I am confused though. In this thread, a user by the name of @artpra said that his HP EliteBook 8770w has Prema vBIOS 1.1.1 installed. Since there is no Prema mod for HP, I really don't know what's going on anymore. How did he do this?! Please answer, I need to get my GTX 980M working on my HP EliteBook 8760w BADLY.

P.S.: If you know Prema, let him know about my problem. And I'd like to ask for another favour: if you get in contact with him, please ask him to make a HP Prema mod. PLEASE. I know that I sound like I'm having an aneurysm, but I'm really invested into doing my upgrade and getting a better BIOS. I swear to God, the HP EliteBook BIOS is s h i t. No doubt about it. Thank you in advance!

6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Prema has his hands full with modding for Clevo and MSI 16L notebooks. The odds of him doing anything for HP are somewhere between none and not going to happen.

7. Smerdjakov

Smerdjakov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Do you know how to get into his private blog though? I'd really like t contact this great man and ask him for some serious advice.

8. Carrot Top

Carrot Top Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well like you said, that's a Prema vBIOS mod for the 980M MXM card, not an sBIOS (system BIOS) mod for the laptop itself.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. Smerdjakov

Smerdjakov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can you PLEASE tell me how to install this mod?! I have no idea, I BEG you please!

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Now you're starting to sound like me....

Vasudev and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.