Please help with Lenovo y500 750m SLI 3dmark11 EXTREMELY low physics score!

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Drewm3i, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drewm3i

Drewm3i Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What should I do? This is frustrating...I wonder how long my laptop has been under performing. I use gamebooster, defrag regularly, update drivers, use ccleaner, etc. I also uninstalled all the bloatware.

2. cbautis2

cbautis2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Maybe your laptop is underperforming since you obtained it. You probably have a bad CPU batch from Intel. Not all CPUs for the same model perform the same. Some really good ones overclock much higher than others. They are basically luck of draw. I would suggest to swap another 3630QM from a third party seller and see if that would give you 7500 physics score. Your 3rd Gen i7 CPU is already reaching maximum Turbo speed of 3.4 GHz and yet it is slower than 2nd Gen i7 running at 2.8 GHz. That does not make sense at all. Best way is to try another 3630QM and see if scores reached normal levels with SLI on just like octiceps (but he overvolt and overclocked his 650m SLI to the limits so that's why he's scoring on par with GTX 680M and 7970M at stock clocks.)

3. Drewm3i

Drewm3i Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Wow!!! Well my pc is under warranty, so maybe Lenovo could send me one? This is absurd...They should test their stuff before we pay A LOT of money for it!

4. Drewm3i

Drewm3i Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I performed a pass mark test and got this. Note my above average cpu score...This was not on a clean boot, I was doing tasks in the background, and I had SLI disabled. Check it out: bandicam 2013-09-24 18-19-17-793.jpg

5. Drewm3i

Drewm3i Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is my processor okay? I wanted to upgrade to a i7-3840qm anyways down the road, but not yet! What is up with 3dmark?

6. Untamed

Untamed Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    If after all of this it's probably just better to contact Lenovo and send it in under warranty repair. It could just simply be faulty, so it wouldn't hurt to take advantage of the free parts and labour while you can.

Though, saying that, I just got mine back from repairwork today and damn if it ty to not have my computer for a week and a half. lol

7. Drewm3i

Drewm3i Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yeah, I don't even know if it's working or not and I can't afford to be without it as a college student. For the most part, my gaming performance has been fine, but as this is my first gaming laptop, I wouldn't know the difference. I run AC3 1080P Very high settings at 30-60 fps in Boston. If my processor was broken, would I have gotten an 8,000+ point score in pass mark? After all, isn't that 500 or so points higher than the i7-3630qm benchmark on cpubenchmark.net? Could someone comment on this score and what it does or doesn't mean? Help lol!!!
    P.S. I appreciate all of your responses!
    Thanks and God Bless,
    Drew

8. NewY510p

NewY510p Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone help me with my y510p im having trouble getting to the heatsink to replace the thermal paste.

9. Drewm3i

Drewm3i Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  10. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    That's for the Y510, a completely different laptop from the Y510p. :rolleyes:

Here are the videos that helped me when I disassembled my Y500:

Note that the laptop in the video is a pre-production version of the Y400 (it says Y490 on the screen bezel), so some of the component placement and screw counts are a little different on the Y500/Y510p. Frankly, I'd suggest just folllowing the hardware maintenance manual as it's the most accurate and the entire process is not very difficult.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.