Please help me choose my Gaming/Work laptop (Black Friday)

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by rezpower, Nov 25, 2019.

1. rezpower

rezpower Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I really need your help to choose a laptop as I almost know what exactly I need, but have no idea what brand to
    choose. To be honest I have been mostly looking at Razer Blade laptops and have been seduced by their looks.
    But after all if there are better builds or equivalent at lower price then I prefer make the right decision .

I will need my laptop mostly for Gaming and Video editing (Adobe Premiere).

Here are the specs I want:
    Intel 9th Gen CPU
    Good display 144HZ minimum (prefer 240Hz)
    I'm not sure about the GPU as I can't spend too much but I guess GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q should do the
    job! (if 2060 will not make huge drop in performance or any other good card then I am OK and will be happy to
    save some money).
    16GB RAM
    and here is the problematic part: I need it to have QWERTY (English) keyboard. I live in France and most
    laptops come with AZERTY keyboard. So I don't mind ordering from other EU countries.

Laptop needs to be of good build (specially not over heating as it's going to be running games) and preferably
    not too heavy. Size 15 or 17 are both OK.

With these specs what would you advise? (Brand/Model etc)?

Looking forward to your reply as I am hoping to get a black friday discount if possible!

2. N2ishun

N2ishun Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Since you're in europe and considering a razer (obviously not worried about cheap) I would look no further than a Schenker.
    https://www.schenker-tech.de/en/schenker-compact-en
    It's a clevo chassis so it's rock solid and schenker is about as good as it gets.

3. FireLantern

FireLantern Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would maybe recommend the premium Lenovo Legion models. I've heard only good things about them and they are not "too heavy". One thing I would recommend being on the lookout for is the size of the power bircks of the laptops. Some laptops are fairly light but their bricks weigh as much as the laptop itself so you end up carrying 6kg in your bag if you carry it to work *cough* Omen *cough*

4. sylvanus

sylvanus Newbie

Reputations:
    Have you looked at MSI laptops?

5. rezpower

rezpower Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks guys. I didn't know about Schenker and after having a look at it it looks pretty nice.
    In my post I didn't mention the price. I can spend up to 2600 euros, but would certainly be
    happy to get a lower price or get best possible deal for that price.

From time to time there are products that become popular and almost everyone agree that
    they are good. For example Nvidia Shield TV was a one of them. I don't know if there is such
    gaming laptop that everyone agree it's great.

The idea for me is buying a laptop that will lost 5 to 8 years. This is what happened when I
    bought my previous laptop. I bought an HP Elitebook 8770 and still working with it happily :)