PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I pick up every grenade I see, and most of the time don't end up using them and when I need a nade I don't have any. I feel like I typically die with 5-6 nades on me unless I find none throughout my run.

Atma likes this.
  2. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    It seems I always find nades early in the game when I have no backpack or only a level 1 and can't fit much with me, so end up dropping them. I usually keep a smoke or two, since those are more useful to me than a regular grenade. Chances of me killing with a grenade are a lot less likely than me using smoke to get out of a precarious situation.

Then again, nades are good for flushing people out of places too if they're hunkered down.

Atma and KY_BULLET like this.
  3. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    To be honest I stopped picking up smoke or stun grenades as I never use them, and I feel like anytime I would throw a smoke it would work against me and end up blowing back towards me or something and not work how I had intended it to. If I have room I keep maybe 1 on me but I always go for frag grenades over smokes typically.

And yeah, you're not always getting kills with them but I've gotten a good amount, usually in situations where a squad or team is holed up in a building and I can just start hucking 4 grenades in and flush them out or make them move for my teamates to be able to shoot etc.

We actually had a good game the other night where the circle closed on the military island and we were near the radio tower near Novo and getting down to maybe 20 people, we thought we were safe but 2 people ran out of the blue circle behind us from the beach and we ended up getting them but one ran towards a shack on the side of the road. After we killed the 2 people we tried to heal up and loot and a squad of 4 came out of the shack and mowed a couple of my teamates down. We knocked 2 or 3 of them but they knocked my 2 remaining teamates. I was farther away and was able to toss 2 nades, I think one went perfectly through the window and 1 at the doorway and I ended up killing their last teamate/s as well as my own knocked out teamates heh. May have been a better way to do it but I use them pretty frequently and get some kills sometimes or just use them to flush people out.

HTWingNut, Atma and KY_BULLET like this.
  4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder. He found me immediately, knew exactly where I was despite terrain in the way. No searching, no second guessing, just zoomed into the window straight on me without a second thought....

KY_BULLET and Atma like this.
  5. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah that's a HACK! There is no way he could've known you were there unless you killed one of his friends and he told him exactly where you were at. Even then, I can't see how he would know exactly where you were. Maybe general area, but not exact position.

Have you ever seen someone running twice as fast as you? I have seen this, but only once. Might've been a lag or something.

I've been sniped from half way across the map with a freaking UMP-9, WITH A SINGLE HEAD SHOT, aggravates the crap out of me lol!

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    This was solo. So no way anyone else was giving him information. Even if he had an idea where I was, it's not like I was wearing a hot pink outfit that stood out like a sore thumb. He zeroed in on me immediately without even panning left/right quickly trying to find me.

Yeah I've been killed with pistols and SMG's from a great distance, with single shots. I give people credit that have the skill, but a lot of times you have to wonder. Either the hit boxes are huge, or there's more blatant hacking than they let on. There's too much inconsistency in gun shots for a shooting game too. Point blank shooting half the time is like rolling the dice.

I haven't seen people running twice as fast, but definitely lag issues make it look like people are moving faster than normal, warping into places. I wouldn't doubt if there was a hack with that too.

I know people are having fun with this game with friends, and that's fine. But for solo play and for any kind of competitive game, it's far from where it needs to be. I have yet to play any game with another person yet. Just don't know enough people that play regularly that I can sync times with. I hate playing with people I don't know, too. But maybe that's my own personal problem.

I tried to get involved in the PUBG Reddit, but those guys are pretty volatile and unless you agree with the majority you're shunned and downvoted to hell and back. So it's really hard to stay interested in this game, other than a couple quick solo rounds time and again.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    KY_BULLET likes this.
  7. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I stopped playing mainly because the game would teleport me a meter ahead when running every couple of seconds.

Sounds cool at first but when you have to backtrack because you teleported past a house you wanted to check out, or teleporting outside a door without opening it or the opposite it becomes a chore to do simple things.

It has its merits but its far from a polished product in my opinion. Ill try it again maybe in 6 months or so...

HTWingNut likes this.
  8. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Prema and HTWingNut like this.
  9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Yeah, the lag is pretty bad. Even the lag just pressing F to open/close doors and pick up stuff is annoying. Or press F to open the door, you think it's open then it slams you back outside and have to try again.

Nice!

DukeCLR likes this.
  10. TheReciever

Reputations:
    Which in a game like this could give your position away (often does) where they just shoot the door and finish you off.

I dont mind losing, failure can be the best lesson for further success. Its why I stick to Siege and to a lesser degree CoH2 but I understand why PUBG is popular. Its a thrilling ride for sure! when it works lol

11. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    This was happening to me last night. It was so bad that the game actually crashed then sent an error report.

I realized after I looked into it that I was on the Asian server when it happened. Sometimes for some reason when I open the game, it defaults to the Asian server?

Anyway, I went back to the North America server and it did not happen again.

12. TheReciever

Reputations:
    The ONE thing Ill commend this game for is ping to the servers is amazing.

I got the game while in S. Korea and played with my friends in Canada in the NA server and never did I feel like bad ping is what definitively allowed me to lose. I was really surprised since games like Overwatch and R6 Siege had high pings in NA from S. Korea (which was expected).

Before anyone mentions it, I had the teleport problem in any server I played in lol.

13. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    Yep your right and last night was the first time I was unable to play on the Asian server. I guess they were doing some server maintenance last night.