PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Enderhawk

Enderhawk Newbie

Reputations:
  4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    This game was supposed to launch in October.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-guaranteed-to-leave-early-access-by-october/

It's nowhere near completion. I'd say at least a year out from now.

They keep adding things instead of fixing things. I already see the player base segmenting and becoming a drag for new players. I don't know how you're supposed to get good at this game without literally sinking many hundreds of hours into it because you rarely ever run into people. And when you do, it's usually campers constantly scanning the horizon. I don't blame them. But it's impossible to understand the shooting mechanics of this game if you only get to shoot a weapon a handful of times every 20-30 minutes of game time.

I maybe run into 1 or 2 people in the beginning, unless I care to jump in the heat with everyone else, but to me that's just dumb. Because it's just frantic hoping you find a weapon before someone else, or get panned in the head. Otherwise it's a good 15-20 minutes of chasing the circle and hoping for decent loot, only to die by the guy that got lucky with the weapons and scopes that ran immediately to the center of the circle and/or got lucky with location.

Then again, I only play solo. Probably more fun with dual or squad. Too bad I don't have friends that play this game. Oh, wait, I actually need friends.

TBoneSan and Atma like this.
  5. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That makes two of us. :biglaugh: I like the game but looting and dying is becoming tedious. I'm taking a break and playing a couple other games.

HTWingNut likes this.
  6. Enderhawk

Enderhawk Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, it's not an easy game. I'd say it's as hardcore as ARMA due to realistic shooting mechanics (bullet mechanic, headshot=kill etc)

I'm like 130 hr into game and I already have many wins. Last 10 games = 7 wins. It's most likely a luck, but,.. you can play the game the way you like. You can be stealth, have 1 kill and win the game and you can be dominator that kills 30 ppl during the whole game. I'm kind of the guy who lands far away and steahlth's his way to the end. That's the magic, you are in danger all the time but you're not forced to play any particular tactic.

At the beginning it's good to land on high-great areas just to train your aim/shooting. But it's just training,m later on you play the way you like. Camping, Assaulting, stealth etc. whatever you chose

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Hit boxes are so screwed though. You see so many headshot kills from distance with red dot or 2x scopes onto boats and motorcycles, etc. Not to mention the shotgun is still borked. I see all these YouTube highlights of people getting headshots from like 500m+ away. There's no way all these people are that good of a shot, the game just likes to give kills randomly.

I don't call it hardcore either, I call it luckcore, lol. It's a lot like Battlefield games, so dependent on ping and server location and if the gods are in your favor. I know it's a survival game, but I rarely ever fire a shot, I just never run into anyone, ever, and usually get in top 10-15 without a problem, and I usually just run through fields without a care in the world, not even trying to be stealthy. I'd rather get in a firefight to at least get a chance to kill someone.

But when it does come down to shooting, I shoot someone in the head a few times with a SCAR and they don't die. They shoot back with a UMP, one shot I'm dead... It's like rolling dice half the time. And even then, it's almost completely down to who see whom first.

It should be called the looting game. Because that's all it is 99% of the time. Start game, find stuff, run, run run, maybe shoot once or twice. Die.

When I watch some footage of people, they always seem to come across people all the time and people that aren't paying attention. I never do. Only ever run into people that are camping somewhere. Can never see them.

I'm really having a hard time finding any appeal to this game. I liked it at first, and the idea intrigued me, but now, nothing's changed. It's always the same. I don't see how this game will have lasting appeal, especially since they're not fixing stuff that needs to be fixed instead of keep adding on crap.

Starlight5 and Atma like this.
  8. Carrot Top

Carrot Top Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hitreg in PUBG is beyond crap, it makes BF4 look phenomenal in comparison.

Starlight5, Atma and HTWingNut like this.
  9. speculator

speculator Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Playing in duos and squads certainly add another dimension compared to solo. The added coordination and pulling off a coordinated assault, ambush, and flank (or mischief) are absolutely satisfying.

Mini-14 in the new patch is an absolute beast fyi.

Atma likes this.
  10. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You might check out Fortnite Battle Royal. It's more arcade than PUBG but it's a lot of fun. It's still in beta and will be free to play when it's released. Some people get extra keys when they buy one of the upgraded versions or devs give them out. I got one for $15 on EpicNPC Marketplace.