PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Jun 6, 2017.

1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    LOOOL!

mtness and TBoneSan like this.
  2. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

LOL! Embrace the bullsh!t. :D

3. speculator

speculator Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

new shadowplay feature for added bragging rights!

Atma likes this.
  4. ShotOfB12

ShotOfB12 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Really thought this was going to die down eventually but now I'm hearing about a console release? Think its about time I get into this. I hear performance is just terrible on high end PCs though.

Atma and TBoneSan like this.
  5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Performance isn't too bad. It's just that you NEED 16GB of RAM and highly suggest installing it on SSD, otherwise there's higher risk of textures not loading at game start. I'm sure this stuff will all be fixed by game release. And it makes no sense to run graphics at highest settings because it puts you at a disadvantage for seeing other players.

With my 1080 Ti, i7-5820K, 32GB RAM, installed on SSD, I get about 60-70FPS on average with medium graphics settings. So yes I guess performance could be improved, and hopefully it is. Especially the for the graphics fidelity, the performance could be better.

Atma and TBoneSan like this.
  6. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Performance when it came out was dismal. It was about as good as Arma / Day Z. But after a few updates they addressed performance to a large degree relatively quick ... enough so I'm confident they're commited and going to have this game running pretty well in the future. This might be one of the few pre-finished games we don't get shafted on.

Atma likes this.
  7. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I run most settings on low on the laptop in my sig mainly just to see other players better. I normally get at least 100 fps. Anyone tried the HBAO+ (or whatever it is) that was included in the new Nvidia driver for PUBG? Also the New Shadowplay for PUBG? The Shadowplay doesn't seem to be working well for me. I haven't been able to play for a few days. Waiting on a new mouse.

8. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Yeah it's running pretty sweet now isn't it. Just a little more work on consistent servers and netcode and I'll be a happy chappy.

Atma likes this.
  9. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can't wait to play the new desert map!
    [​IMG]
    I hope it's not a camp fest.

TBoneSan likes this.
  10. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    ive been playing on FFP servers this last week, and what a difference, im really enjoying myself again, i have to play on Asian servers until FFP mode reaches Oceania but i don't care its so much more balanced and fun, bring on the new maps/vaulting etc

Atma likes this.