PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Atma, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know there are several here that play it and 1000's around the world so I was thinking it deserves a thread. I've only played about 4 hours worth so far and die regularly :D. I did make it to #6 yesterday. It is a lot of fun to play and even watch on Twitch.

some tips and tricks I've found:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/63z6zc/battlegrounds_tips_and_tricks/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6cjhjx/advanced_tips_and_tricks_guide/
    Best loot spots: http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-map/
    Best settings for PUBG: http://www.144hzmonitors.com/games/best-settings-for-pubg-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    cj_miranda23 likes this.
  2. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm loving it and it's addictive. It still has some bugs but they release patches and updates often. You can play solo, duo or squad.

Check this video. I was lmao.

3. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    I also love the game, its a really nice balance between fast pace and survival based tactics, the devs are pushing out fixes/updates most weeks atm. they have lots of servers for different locations around the world, I've played on NA, Asia and Oceanic and ive never had to wait more than a few seconds before finding a game, yes searching for games is near instant, and at a decent price point I recommend it to all my friends.

Atma likes this.
  4. speculator

speculator Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It certainly has a Dark Souls feeling in which if you end up dying, your left with the feeling that you've made a mistake that resulted in the loss rather than blame the game for it.

Atma likes this.
  5. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm getting better. Had a 4th place with 5 kills today. Watch Grimmz or Anthony on Twitch to see some great players. They played a duo very early this morning and had a chicken dinner.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  6. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm always dissecting my losses to figure out what to do different.

7. mtness

mtness loitering

Reputations:
    I'm also starting to get a little better too, placed 3rd with 6 kills, then top 10 5 games straight, before getting cocky and bombing out for the next 2 hrs :oops:

Atma likes this.
  8. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Never been a huge fan of the survival games like Day Z and never played it or H1Z1 which I think is similar to this, but my Steam friends list has increasingly been changing from any other game to Battlegrounds all the time, so I finally caved in and bought it since it was only 30 bucks and I've put over 15 hours in it over the past few days I have had it. I die a lot and get destroyed in solo atm, made it down to ~15 or so people left alive but I was out of action for most of those games and did not get many kills. Been enjoying it most with at least one friend to team up with and play and been having a blast. Made it down to 5 people left last night in a duo game before we died :(. Played a few squad games with 3 friends last night as well and was getting 3-5 kills a game in there. Happy I decided to try this game out it's been a lot of fun.

9. speculator

speculator Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, learning from mistakes is a must. Better to be cautious and careful than reckless.

Figure I'd share my lessons:
    • Travel on the side of inclines and declines, don't expose your silhouette from the top of a hill
    • Always listen for footsteps
    • Don't trust flipped cars

Atma likes this.
  10. Atma

Atma Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: