Planes Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jarhead, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Fakey.. No way flight simulator nerds have wives or gf. :D

All the poor and brown people go to Dockweller beach next to LAX. People with money and usually white, they go to the nicer beaches a bit further way like Manhattan and Hermosa Beach. Sad, but true. Air particle pollution (more harmful the smog) is way down in Los Angeles from back in the day, but still one of the worst cities in the US. We have some of the toughest pollution laws on the books, but the growth and size makes it worse .

https://timeline.com/la-smog-pollution-4ca4bc0cc95d

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    WARNING: The city of Los Angeles contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

:)

Fishon and evenflow153 like this.
  3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    They must be working. :cool: Obviously, the warning is too vague and just silly. Others do specifically state which chemicals are in the area, and the product ones I view positively.

[​IMG]

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    To keep this on topic, Avgas was affected - lawsuit settled 5 years ago...one of the only positive outcomes from Prop 65 that I've heard of, has anyone heard of any others?

CALIFORNIA PROP 65 AVGAS LAWSUIT SETTLED
    https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media...r/15/california-prop-65-avgas-lawsuit-settled

I can't imagine Prop 65 was the only way to motivate reducing leaded avgas or offering low or no lead replacements. Except for the windfall Prop 65 started ambulance chasers looking for low hanging fruit to sue, there should have been other state agencies monitoring avgas lead content.

I've lost access to several supplements to the prop 65 transition - too costly to produce - because they have "whole food" ingredients that "might" have heavy metals in them, so a formulation I used for 30 years - actually several of them, had to change ingredients or drop them completely, and the replacement products just don't do it for me like the old ones did.

Here's a few affected businesses commenting on prop 65, one of the supplement makers SuperNutrition is among them:

Published on Aug 18, 2015
    Business owners and Dr. Joseph Perrone discuss the problems with California’s law requiring chemical warning labels and the bounty hunter lawsuits it generates.

Proposition 65 and the Food We Eat
    "A California law called “Proposition 65” (or “Prop 65” for short) mandates that foods, dietary supplements, and other consumer products bear warnings about cancer and birth defects if the product may cause exposures to certain substances, even at very low levels. The Prop 65 warnings are well-intentioned, but can be alarming and even misleading, since the warnings often occur on products that present no actual risk. Here's some useful information about how to interpret these warnings and how to make wise food choices."

Lots of Q&A's given on that site:
    http://www.ahpa.org/Consumers/CaliforniaProposition65FAQ.aspx

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  5. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
  6. killkenny1

Reputations:
  7. killkenny1

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  8. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    used that fighter jet picture as my wallpaper thanks killkenny1

hmscott likes this.
  9. killkenny1

Reputations: