Phoenix Software Updates

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Internet Download Manager updated to v6.30 (Build 5)

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    This is a cool program, but I will never purchase it because the developer's definition of "lifetime license" is only 3 years of updates. By contrast, my lifetime Adguard license is just that - free updates and technical support for as long as the company is in business.

Ultra Male likes this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I never looked so much into that to be honest, the price is nothing for what the program offers. That is one of the first apps I install and one that I cannot live without. Not only because it offers faster download speeds, but more importantly, it allows me to download streaming videos with the click of a button to save for later viewing. Like on YouTube for example, if you click the download button, it even gives you options for what quality you want to download the video in.

This is one of the must have paid apps and nothing even comes close to it. What I do when I install it is delete those stupid categories and disable download completion notification. I don't like downloading files into categories, they all go into my downloads folder and from there, I manually put them in the correct folder like videos or programs. I advice you to bite the bullet bro :eek:

[​IMG]

Tip: They monitor the license usage by the PC Name. so I name my taptop TITAN

if I switch to another laptop and also name it Titan, I can activate just fine. If I change the PC Name, they think that you installed it on another PC and thus you would need to contact them to change your PC name in their license database although that only happens if you changed the PC name a lot they are lenient about this and Dave from their customer service is fast to respond and very helpful.

UNCNDL1 and slimmolG like this.
  4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It would be super helpful if they implemented a system where the end user can activate and de-activate licenses online, just like what Adguard does. This way if you forget or don't bother to rename your computer after an OS install, or want to transfer the license to a new PC, it can easily be done.

alexhawker and Ultra Male like this.
  5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Garmin Express updated to v6.0.0.0

WhoCrashed updated to v6.01

NSudo updated to v5.3.1801.11

• Fix a potential bug when NSudo obtaining the System Token. (Thanks to mingkuang.)
    • Provide VC-LTL support for NSudo release configuration for x86 and x86-64 (AMD64). (Thanks to mingkuang.)
      • PS: Compiling NSudo with VC-LTL can reduce the NSudo's binary size.
    • Maintaining documents.

Papusan likes this.
  6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Internet Download Manager updated to v6.30 (Build 6)

SUPERAntiSpyware udated to v6.0.1254

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Today's Updates: 01/15/2018 Macrium Reflect v7.1.2833
    Bug Fixes v7.1.2833 - 14th January 2018:

• MIG Service install problem
      The Macrium Image Guardian Service could fail to start. This has been resolved.
    • EXT 4 File System image size
      Linux EXT 4 file system images could be unnecessarily large. This has been resolved.
    • Free Edition prompt for Windows PE rebuild
      The Free Edition of Macrium Reflect could prompt for a rebuild even if the rescue media was up to date. This has been resolved.

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    madVR updated to v0.92.11

powerMAX added to the list v1.00 (from CPUID)

powerMAX stresses your PC in such a way that it may reveal the weakness of some of the components, and cause non-reversible damage to mainboard VRMs, video card VRM, PSU, or any other component. For that reason, powerMAX has to be used at your entire responsibility and CPUID shall not be liable for any damage which may arise as a result of your use of powerMAX.

What is (and what is not) powerMAX ?

powerMAX is a CPU and GPU burn-in test. It is aimed to maximize the power dissipation and the temperature of these two components. There are several ways to use powerMAX :
    • CPU test : allows to check the CPU stability (in case of overclocking for example), and if the CPU cooling system does its job correctly.
    • GPU test : same, but for GPU.
    • CPU + GPU tests in the same time : maximizes the full system power consomption, and therefore ensures that the PSU can handle the peak power required by the CPU and GPU simultaneously.

powerMAX generates no performance or stability score, and therefore is not a benchmark.

2018-01-16_010203.png

@Papusan Please test your CPU and GPU and lemme know if you smell anything funny from your taptop [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Mr. Fox @Falkentyne check your power draw while using this [​IMG]

@Prema

9. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Not even. My VRM's will probably shut off. This depends though on if it uses FMA3 instructions or not. There is a built in current limit on our MSI laptops which seems to be temperature curve based (meaning it triggers at high current and may trigger sooner at higher temp than lower temp. NOT talking about #PROCHOT here). Desktops have a "CPU Current protection" setting, to avoid "System shutoff" at very high current (i saw this post in some Skylake-X thread), where you can raise or remove this type of protection. Laptops don't have that setting. Pretty sure it's in the EC. Premamods may allow absolute limits to be reached. Maybe I'll consider it, If it uses FMA3 then nope! my OCD will just rage at me again.

If you're brave, like Phoenix is supposed to be, try it on your laptop with cooler boost at maximum. If it shuts off and shuts on in 2 seconds, it's VRM overload protection.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    ok let's not use this guys, it put abnormal load on the CPU, I reached 99C within 10 seconds and I wasn't even at my 4.4 GHz overclock only 4.2 GHz

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.