Petition for Request to Add Extended Life Battery for Clevo W230ST / Sager NP7330

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by HTWingNut, Aug 7, 2013.

?

Would you be willing to pay extra for an extended life battery for Clevo W230ST / Sager NP7330?

1. Yes

97.7%
  2. Yes

2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    There are two "YES" votes because poll requires two votes. Pick either one, but would prefer the first just to keep it consistent.

Please vote "Yes" in poll above if you would buy an extended life battery if offered for the Sager NP7330 / Clevo W230ST (or any variation thereof). I am doing this so that I can let Clevo and Sager know that there are many users that would gladly pay extra to buy an extended life battery for their Sager NP7330 / Clevo W230ST laptops.

This would benefit the user in two ways:

(1) Longer battery life of course
    (2) Cooler running system if battery extended below bottom of laptop to prop it up, also improved typing angle

This is a public poll so your username will be visible if you vote.

Please also make a comment in this thread that you are interested in purchasing an extended life battery.

Please also send an email to the following:

marketing@clevo.com.tw
    support@goldenstarusa.com
    service@sagernotebook.com

You can copy/paste this text if you'd like:

SUBJECT:

Request for Extended Battery for Clevo W230ST / Sager NP7330

------

Dear Clevo and Sager,

I own (or plan on owning) a Clevo W230ST / Sager NP7330 notebook and am very interested in purchasing an extended life battery. It would benefit me in at least the following two ways:
    (1) Longer battery life of course
    (2) Prop up the back of the laptop for improved cooling and typing angle

Please consider offering this as an option. Myself and many users at the Notebook Review forums are also interested in this option. Please see this thread for users that have expressed an interest:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/727987-petition-request-add-extended-life-battery-clevo-w230st-sager-np7330.html

Thank you for your time and look forward to your response!

Calibre41 likes this.
  2. frewster

frewster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for this. You beat me to it.

3. Dranakin

Dranakin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Awesome, will be sending an email. I would love an optional, larger battery.

4. demon6

demon6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why the vote selection have two YES? I presume the second one is NO?

5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    In the original post:

If you aren't interested then don't vote. It's like signing a petition.

6. demon6

demon6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My bad. Didn't see it.

7. Achusaysblessyou

Achusaysblessyou eecs geek ftw :D

Reputations:
    Great idea, came straight here after I saw the post in the owner's thread. It is literally the only reason why I'm not purchasing this laptop. My work issued Dell 5430 while ugly and slow and not that great gets about 10 hrs of battery life on an i5 standard volt cpu... I'd like to suggest that the next laptop come with a graphics switch for selecting which gpu to use. I dont know about the rest of you, but I usually don't need switchable graphics on the fly and I HATE dealing with optimus selecting the wrong gpu about 30% of the time, it's retarded.

8. pau1ow

pau1ow Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The only thing that bother me at the moment with this laptop is the battery life! Would be super happy if they release a 9-cell battery or better for that model! Great petition.

9. kondor999

kondor999 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wingnut, I'm glad you guys liked my old Acer's extended battery as much as I have. Indeed, this would be a highly useful addition to the W230ST, both in terms of battery life and cooling potential. I'll re-post my pic so folks can visualize...

[​IMG]

10. lastnikita

lastnikita Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not sure if I would buy it (extended battery life is always tempting), but I would rather see them work on optimizing the power draw at idle states, and on the fan table ;)
    Also, I don't think a propped up back is a better angle for typing. Flat keyboards were invented exactly to do the opposite, and it's better on the wrists.
    Maybe an alternative would be to buy a tablet for basic stuff, would not be that more expensive than an extended battery ?
    And would not take more room in a bag !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.