Petition: Bring the 2015 Civic TypeR to North America

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by J.Dre, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    Oh I just got loud exhausts just to annoy people who tailgate/pass me then go slow. I would just speed up aside them, pull ahead, cut into their lane, rev a few times and pull away.

Obviously a stock exhaust system would not work if you get forced induction, at least I hope people don't use stock exhaust for such excessive modifications.

And about the new Turbo Type R, what sticker price are we talking about as the new Si/Type R already jumps up to like 23-24k pending the options you get, I'm assuming this would be like the Mugen RR, almost into the 30k price range, hopefully not Mugen Si price range (that thing was so ridiculously overpriced its not funny, even as a limited production car).

2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Rumors suggest they will be in the range of $30,000 depending on the package. Rumors are rumors, though.

If it's more than $35,000, I won't even consider buying one. There are a lot of alternatives in that price range ($35k - $40k), including EVO's and STI's.

3. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Is Honda still going to offer the base Type R/Si with the K24 non turbo? That would be so dumb if they only offer the turbo..

I am really reluctant to shell out more than 25k for a sporty FWD car.

4. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I like to see little cars like this one the road. They're extremely fun to blow past in my big diesel truck and watch them disappear in the cloud of soot. :D ;)

5. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    Dodge Cummins Smokes Viper - YouTube

Hey look a modified Cummins smokes a Viper..

Not sure if a turbo diesel heavy duty was gonna smoke my 240SX build, was gonna swap in a 4.5L V8 and supercharge it, streetable 450-500 hp RWD coupe that weighs 2300 pounds with some modifications. ;)

6. J.Dre

Reputations:
    The TypeR comes with a turbo, I don't think they'll offer one without it. The Si will still be offered, yes.

7. Tsunade_Hime

Reputations:
    I think Type R/Si sales would flop if the car went over the 23-24k point, there are other cars that you can buy in the 22-26k range, like a WRX, Ralli-art (though it is crap), BRZ/FRS. I'm really hopeful that Nissan re-releases the Silvia @ the 22k price range. They have to, for people who don't want to spend 30k on a 370Z (which personally I think is a monstrosity and is FUGLY). Sorry but I would not pay 30k for a turbo FWD car...so silly you would spend so much on that. Heck I would grey import a used Skyline...

8. J.Dre

Reputations:
    The majority of Si's go for $21k-$25k. The HFP Si's sell for $27k and above. So, the TypeR will be more, otherwise nobody would buy the Si if they can grab a TypeR for the same price. There will probably be 250 or 500 sold in the USA per year, so it will be extremely rare. They will sell, just like the HFP Si's do. Every year the HFP Si's sell out before they even hit the lots. I'm sure the TypeR's would be the same.

9. J.Dre

Reputations:
    We reached 5000 signatures on the petition, and it now says we need another 2500. Not sure why this is but it's lame.

10. J.Dre

Reputations:
    When I made this thread, they only wanted 5000 signatures. Now they want 15000? I don't get it.

Anyway, a Moderator may close this thread if he/she wishes to do so. It's pretty much dead now anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.