PC: What would be a good Price for a M11x R1

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by 1Coopgt, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Coopgt

1Coopgt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thinking of selling my M11x r1 . It has the U7300 processor 1.30Ghz overclocked to 1.73 . 4gb of ram . 500 gb hard drive . 64bit Windows 7. It's also had the hinges replaced.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    reborn2003 likes this.
  2. thehunterooo

thehunterooo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A classic! I remember my R1, and my broken hinges.....

On ebay they go for a pretty good amount to this day, it is amazing that they maintain such value haha, should go anywhere where from $300-400, but on here or on CL it would be less.

reborn2003 likes this.
  3. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I bought my m11x r3 with the fastest i7 and 2gb 540 NVidia for $525 about a month ago.. if that helps..

reborn2003 likes this.
  4. thehunterooo

thehunterooo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That is not too bad for a R3, those are still selling really high as well.

reborn2003 likes this.
  5. WARDOZER9

WARDOZER9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sadly, the R1 just doesn't fetch much anymore. For gaming it's actually not holding up well due to its cpu that was barely adequate when it was released.

You can honestly only expect in the $150 - $200 range for that machine. If you want to get an idea of what people are willing to pay, check eBay for sold listings with similar specs then average in the price of the last 10 sold minus 15% and that's close to what you can expect on forums. Subtract 20 - 25% for the value on CL.

As a gaming laptop, the R1 just can't compete with the 13.3" - 14" gaming laptops of 2010, most of which had either faster C2D's or Core series CPU's.

As an ultra portable it was never a great option due to its size, weight, heat output and below average battery life for its size.

Plus the M11x was a niche product so the market for it is very, very small meaning the odds of finding a buyer needing a tiny laptop that can game is going to be way harder.

The odds are you'll end up getting interest from people looking for a laptop in that spec range but at a competing price which sadly, even on ebay is the $150 - $200 range with other C2D laptops with similar GPU's.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  6. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    I would say about $350 for your model. The i5's and i7's are the ones that has a higher value.

I also bought a max 17 m11x r3 model with ssd for $550 not too long ago.

reborn2003 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.