PC vs Mac for graphic design

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by adobeaddict, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LIVEFRMNYC

LIVEFRMNYC Blah Blah Blah!!!

Reputations:
    Personally for me ..... When doing graphic design, video/audio editing or creating web pages, I trust OSX and Linux way more than Windows. Has little to do with the programs I use(even thought the UI looks a little nicer & plays easier on OSX), but more to do with the amount of random crashes I've dealt with in the middle of a project, saving stuff that gets corrupted, and processing stuff that just stalls.

Even with a solid OS like W7, I still have random problems every once in a while. Some which make no sense. OSX is just more stable IMO.

2. Lieto

Lieto Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    you seem to be in denial, while there is no point to deny that linux based systems are more stable and reliable. From there its only a matter of how much you earn per hour and how much a random photoshop crash can cost you.

3. SP Forsythe

SP Forsythe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Actually, it's not arrogance at all.

I think it is a win-win for all users when a certain number of people feel as you do.

It would not suit anyone for all users to feel that once they have tried Apple, all find it the best fit for them. If it were so, Apple would become complacent, and probably become more expensive than their products are inherently worth. Virus writers would turn their attentions more stringently toward Apple. And Apple may/would become more like Microsoft in a myriad of ways that Apple users would dislike.

Your "rant" picks and chooses strong points and weak points to suit your argument, instead of bringing into the discussion the actual reasons why some users would come to a far different conclusion.

I disagree with your analysis of value of your purchase insofar as it applies across the board to all those who would use a notebook computer for the purposes you outlined. However, I wholeheartedly agree that it is your choice, and if you are happy, then that is all that really counts.

If Apple is able to produce the same successes, as I perceive, by staying competitive, hungry and customer driven, then that suits me a whole lot more than bringing on any "cult members" who won't add any value to the users who truly find the product valuable.

My balance of use between a PC and Mac is around 50/50. I use CS5 on both platforms. I find positives and negatives to both. I would be truly disheartened to see any decline in Apple's winning ways due to any more shift in the market share that would motivate MS style problems/issues to be "invented" within Apple. So, if you go to the other side, I say no problem.... Everyone is better off for it. I hope the longtime Pro-Apple segment remains the chief motivator for Apple's continued success.

4. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @SP Forsythe
    Well said.

5. adobeaddict

adobeaddict Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    forsythe, what you said is a pile of Gobbledygook. Do you remember what that means from school or are you not a graphic artist at all? Anyway, you prove my point for me. Apple sells computers for alot more money because of humans' need to belong. fascinating that they can trick even those that are in the marketing industry. absolutely fascinating. i love it.

i chose the title for this thread very carefully. if one young graphics student googles this thread and makes an informed desision as to what platform to buy it will be worth the abuse. go on ebay-

13" mac with outdated hardware - $1400
    17" PC with top notch for graphics- $1000

listen, my first car had an apple sticker on the rear windsheild, but apple has slipped from the hands of artists to the hands of yuppie wannabies. i mean ipads not supporting flash!? adobe and mac evolved together, i couldn'nt believe that!

anyway, i'm leaving your precious "community" now. i guess i just don't posess that endearing quality to belong to something bigger. But if I feel the need, I'll join the adobe forums where artists don't give a shiat what platform you're working on. you will miss me. lol :D bye all.

6. princealyy

princealyy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Agreed. At my office we are still using macs for all our graphics since that is what we have always done.

I tried to talk them out of it to save some money and that didn't work son we just upgraded all our macs there.

I thinks windows can do it just as well.

7. doh123

doh123 Without ME its just AWESO

Reputations:
    theres nothing here to make an informed decision... its just a lot more ignorance. I'm sure you believe what your saying is correct... but you need to take into account that not everyone else is you.

8. Seshan

Seshan Rawrrr!

Reputations:
  9. Lieto

Lieto Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Show me 17 inch PC with top notch graphics. 485m something.
    Now what part of macbook pro 13 is outdated? they were FIRST on the market to launch sandy bridge. FIRST! How is this outdated. Sure it got integrated video, but it doesnt mean its outdated, not everyone want discreet gfx.

Lets just keep ignoring the fact that linux based system is better defended and more stable which is important for any business, ok guys?

10. trvelbug

trvelbug Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Although i ,ostly agree with the op's observations i dont see what a post like that in a mac forum is trying to accomplish.
    Just like most everything else, we make our own choices and have our own perdonal preferences. To each his own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.