1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

PC to Wii, file transfer

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by lunateck, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lunateck

lunateck Bananaed

Reputations:
    Anyone figure out how to transfer files (mjpeg, jpgs) to Wii using WLAN?

2. mattireland

mattireland It used to be the iLand..

Reputations:
    Nope. I don't think you can do that with a Wii can you??? Doesn't it have to be Wii to Wii I heard somewhere - and THANK YOU for calling it a WLAN - not many people do and WiFi is wrong.

EDIT: Still I don't have a Wii and I've just heard that so don't take my answer definitively.

3. Pitabred

Pitabred Linux geek con rat flail!

Reputations:
    I don't believe you can. Does the Wii even play videos on an SD card? I haven't tried it on mine since I have a media center PC in my entertainment center which works perfectly well for such use ;)

4. lunateck

lunateck Bananaed

Reputations:
    You need to convert it into MJPEG with Wii Video 9... Well, currently i dun have a memory reader with me so i couldnt transfer it into the SD card. Have to borrow it from somewhere or buy it of eBay for 1 euro :D