PC: Arma 3 vs GTA5

Discussion in 'Games, Home Theater, TV, and Movies' started by KashMoney, May 24, 2015.

1. KashMoney

KashMoney Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I know the two games are different but i can only buy one of them. I dont know which one to pick, which is why i want your guys input. What game can i play for a while without feeling bored and can play for countless hours.

I also like to play online so which game would have the best online experience.

Thanks in advance

2. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you have people to play with online, GTA V. If you are just looking for multiplayer (jumping into a game), Arma 3.

3. KashMoney

KashMoney Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Have you played both?

And if so, how do you like the campaign in Arma 3.

4. J.Dre

Reputations:
    It's a very demanding game. It's not really like Battlefield 4. Not sure how to describe it...

Haven't played GTA V on PC, yet. But it's probably similar to console in that regard.

5. KashMoney

KashMoney Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Demanding how?

6. J.Dre

Reputations:
    Graphically. I mean, it will make your PC work like a horse.

7. KashMoney

KashMoney Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Alright. Im looking for a fun campaign as well. So would you recommend the campaign of Arma III over games like COD

8. J.Dre

Reputations:
    You're asking questions that are personal preference. :p I like COD's campaign better than Arma 3.

9. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I believe personal preference is the entire point behind the question. If he wanted to know how hard it would push his PC then he could simply look at the specs released by the manufacturer. ;)

10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Need fun campaign OP, get GTA V. Do keep in mind, that it's kind of a short one (though longer what SR series usually have to offer). After I finished the last mission I looked at how much time I've spent playing and it was around 27h (with some screwing around as well). If I remember it right, GTA IV was longer, though I never finished it.
    If you want to grab GTA V cheaper and don't care about Steam, check out greenmangaming. They've almost always got a +/- -20% coupon, right now as well. With it I paid 46EUR for the game, instead of 60EUR. They also got Sleeping Dogs complete edition with all DLCs and stuff on sale right now. If you haven't played it and want a good GTA like game, that's definitely one to play. Great story, graphics, and overall gameplay (controls were a bit clunky though).
    Too bad you've missed a free ArmA weekend Steam hosted a week or two ago. That would have given you a chance to try out ArmA.