Pavilion 15-akXXX Intel Gaming Notebook (2015)

Discussion in 'HP' started by justinkw1, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    WHEA-Logger is exactly what I'm seeing as well. Appears to be caused by a broken batch of Realtek wireless cards.

In my case, it's not "occasionally", but rather several dozens of times per second - so fast that my event log rolls over by the time I could check it, e.g. I can't debug BSoDs because of it. Also, WiFi is slow in Windows, and completely unusable in Linux, as it tries to reset the WiFi adapter on every PCIE error.

2. GabeCrash

GabeCrash Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a half solution, install a never realtek driver, like .1030 if you need i can give you a link. Here this one: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74139.exe

3. X610

X610 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    .NetRoller any comment about the SSD connections?

4. Rhadamanthis

Rhadamanthis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I update a F71 thans @X610 . My pc was born with F53. One question. When update hp tools ask me if i wont backup to reco ery,any chance to modify bios F71 with ami bios tool?

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

5. .NetRolller 3D

Reputations:
    On thise pics, it looks like the only things wired up are SATA, +5V and GND. It doesn't even have auxiliary lines (like device sleep or pins related to device detection) wired up, let alone PCIE. That means, even multi-mode SSDs (that can talk both PCIE and SATA) won't work, and even pure-SATA units like the 850 Pro won't be able to use their full power saving capabilities.

My machine is currently being serviced by HP due to the WHEA-Logger issue; it will likely come back with a Broadcom or Intel wireless card.

6. X610

X610 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No problem Rhadamanthis.

.NetRoller 3D so you were right about the connections. This is outrageous, I feel ripped off by HP in some way...

7. GabeCrash

GabeCrash Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I sent back my device too, and they didn't solved my problem. They said there is nothing to solve, everything works fine even if I said I have a bunch of WHEA-Logger entry in Event Viewer. They made a couple of static tests and all of the result was succeed, Strange, I read intel models have the same issue, I have a thread on HP forum.

8. X610

X610 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Apart from causing inconvenience looking at all those erra, what other problems do these WHEA events cause?

9. .NetRolller 3D

Reputations:
    Under Windows, the card fails to connect in 802.11n mode, and is restricted to 802.11g speeds.

Under Linux, it's completely unusable, can't even scan for acceas points as the card will reset itself mid-scan.

Appears to be an incompatibility between this card and PCIE 3.0-capable motherboards.

X610 likes this.
  10. X610

X610 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks .NetRoller 3D!