Pass door won't unlock?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by aan310, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So earlier they were fine, but now they won't unlock no matter what.

Im guessing actuators, but it seams so weird they would work when i parked, then did not when i came back...

any one have any guess? (or temporary fix or something since i gotta take my brother to class tomorrow)?

2. stewie

stewie What the deuce?

Reputations:
    Temp fix? There is nothing you can't fix with a sledgehammer. :p

3. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    lol, i mean like if i can get part of the door off if i can physically switch it some how xD -i suppose im the only tiburon owner here, so ill ahve to figure it out my self :D

and if my guess of actuator sounds right xD

4. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    If they are electric it could be a weak motor.

5. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Could be that... or the actuator.

I have the door apart and me and my dad can't figure it out, so im meeting a local shop at 1 and he's gona look quick and we will take it from there i guess :(

6. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    only thing u can really do is disassemble the door panel and check to see if u got any visible failures. then run a volt meter to see if all yur modules and electronics are workin properly. if it's deeper than that then u might just have to take it to someone.

7. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ok, so...

I took the door apart, and found nothing visually amiss

So, i had my dad come over (he is good with 1987 BMWs and thats it xD) and he was futsing around with the actuator and oiled it and such, and that diddnt fix it. So i was like forget it, took it to a local shop, and the guy said he was 90% i was right with actuator being bad. So i scheduled service tomorrow. So me and a friend were out and about, and he slammed my door (i was able to get it open by pulling the lock and opening the handle with a decent amnt of pressure) and he slammed the door shut on accident. When we came back, it worked :D

So im guessing something is still wrong, but i atleast have time to deal with it tho...

I feel really bad though for the shop, because iv never been there, and since i had the door taken apart the guy looked at it for free, and now i just called and canceled :( o well xD i'll prob be back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.