Pascal: What do we know? Discussion, Latest News & Updates: 1000M Series GPU's

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by J.Dre, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marios50

marios50 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Guys please, there is a desktop hardware area for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgel likes this.
  2. sirana

sirana Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I agree, could we please stick to mobile Pascal cards in this thread? I'm always getting excited about seeing new posts here, just to find out it's about unrelated topics. :/

Georgel likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    No the wink means think about it, new cards actually have to be tested in the older machines before you can even begin to guess.

4. ryanev84

ryanev84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Tgipiper and aq get out of here... You guys only talk about desktop. Beat it

5. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hey! Don't give us the cold shoulder!

Since youre part of an official company, you should have some producer data, it would be actually strange if neither you nor Clevo don't have the cards in hands at this point.

(I hope it comes as what it is, a joke xD)

Seriously now, we are curious if it works, if you have data on this, it would be good to share it!

6. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Even if he were using a laptop with a 1080M now, he wouldn't be allowed to tell us anything without risking his job. Most likely under NDA until the official announcement.

DataShell likes this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    If there were cards being tested at this point the concern would be the new models, not on placing them in the older systems and seeing if they do. I am sure those buying a system want it to be working as best as possible in the configuration they bought it in.

Upgrading has always been in the realm of the community to figure out and test, given the large number of possible variables there simply is not time around a launch to be doing that sort of thing anyway.

Hold off for a bit, wait for those will access to cards to have a look and see what the outcome of any testing is.

8. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    Beginning of August or end of August? What do we think is more likely?

9. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It's totally understandable that we can't get any interesting data on this, but hey, we can always ask.

What I am curious is why we can't get date release or other information? I mean why do they still keep it under NDA ? A company can gain or lose clients based on whether the client is actually happy with the choice, Like, if I want to buy a P870 right now, but a company knows that 1080 laptops will be coming next week, but they still sell me a 980 based laptop, I will probably be pretty mad, especially at that price point, no?

Retailers don't have the obligation to even consider this, but companies kind of have. Especially after a certain price point :D

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Nvidia always control all their information very closely, sager/clevo have to work very closely with them and that involves co-operation between all parties.

Shooting your work partner in the foot is never a good idea.

I do plan on doing some interesting over views for people and diving in a bit deeper in the future on parts so bear with me, I am being as open as possible (even though I am likely going to get burned) because I respect the community and hope you will understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.