Pascal: What do we know? Discussion, Latest News & Updates: 1000M Series GPU's

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by J.Dre, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The very low-end mobile GPU's hardly see any change, but actually will be on the new Pascal architecture this year. So, they have that going for them.

Maxwell is done for. It was the 28nm process. They're not producing those anymore for consumer-grade products. There should not be any re-brands.

My guess for anything below the 1050M? Hmm, probably much better efficiency (battery life) and maybe 10%~ performance gain.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Georgel likes this.
  2. mongon

mongon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ~ $2000 for 1060 laptop. It's time to switch to desktop.

Georgel, TomJGX, steberg and 2 others like this.
  3. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Right there with you! You can buy a 980Ti Hybrid for around $300 and it outperforms the new 1070 (which is $500~) when overclocked. Plus, it runs cooler.

Interesting times... Interesting indeed.

TomJGX likes this.
  4. aqnb

aqnb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    NotebookCheck mentions N17P-E0 as GTX 960M successor and N17P-E1 as GTX 965M successor, coming maybe in October 2016.

So those would be probably new Pascal chips. Could be something like this:

GTX 965M successor - GTX 1050 Ti (smaller cut of GP106)
    GTX 960M successor - GTX 1050 (GP107)

Anything below that is apparently still far away (GP108).

------

BTW now that we've got more info, it's worth revisiting earlier leaks, e.g. this one:

http://videocardz.com/60289/breakin...rs-confirm-pascal-gp102-gp106-gp107-and-gp108

We already have got GP104 and GP106. Still unaccounted for chips: GP102, GP107, GP108.

franzerich likes this.
  5. irfan wikaputra

irfan wikaputra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Exactly what i said
    1800$ you can Get full fledge 2x GTX 1070 in SLI with i7 6700K + Z170 gaming motherboard. Let's go to desktop

Btw about all these Laptop shop not from US or europe
    I am really afraid they don't know what they are selling thus lead us astray with the price prediction

Anyway, i am saving up to 3000$ USD to get the best mobile gaming can afford (single or dual gpu)
    Or else i can just pull the trigger on gtx 1070 SLI desktop with beautiful 4K samsung monitor
    And left with 1200$ to save up for the next "wave"

steberg, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  6. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @aqnb: Yeah, that makes sense. Videocardz indeed lists the GTX 1050 with 1024 cores. So maybe the estimated rumor is close to truth. Though I feel that everything below GP106 is a waste of money anyways...

But 2000$ for a 1060 laptop... I hope Clevo has some bare configurations that removes some of the crap included with other brands like MSI and which make them so expensive. A clevo with 980m in a basic configuration is available at ~1700 and therefore a mobile 1060 shouldn't be more expensive. Still ridiculous... with that naming and pricing I expect a xx50 Volta to be a 2.000$ laptop...
    :twitchy:

(btw. that Clevo pic with RGB Lighting posted some pages before looks nice...)

Georgel likes this.
  7. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The leak shows 1080 with GDDR5x. Nice nice, i want to know more mwuahahaha.

Georgel and hmscott like this.
  8. Cakefish

Cakefish ¯\_(?)_/¯

Reputations:
    I was on my iPad before but now I see the image you linked. Well, firstly that's Very High preset which is not max settings (VXAO isn't enabled by default at that preset for example). Secondly, that's still not 60fps. There are definitely benefits to be had upgrading to Pascal for 1080p gaming :)

hmscott and Ionising_Radiation like this.
  9. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Tangentially related, but here comes Kabby Lake. To OEMs anyway. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-kaby-lake-core-shipping,32299.html

A lot of folks here are speculating that we'll start seeing early Clevos with Pascal GPUs in them in September. I don't know - if Kabby Lake ends up in laptops in, say, November, would it be more likely that manufactures might simply hold off on releasing Pascal-GPU laptops until they can add in Kabby Lake processors as well?

hmscott and Georgel like this.
  10. aqnb

aqnb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Another shop leak - now it's ASUS G752VM from Polish shop Komputronik:

Good news for everybody who was stressing about notebook Pascal pricing:

Prices for that Asus model start from just 7,099 PLN there, which should be ~1,627 EUR.

This is very similar to what the cheapest notebooks with GTX 970M costed there when Maxwell launched.

hmscott, Georgel, jaybee83 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.