Pascal: What do we know? Discussion, Latest News & Updates: 1000M Series GPU's

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by J.Dre, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There's no better way to make a graph look dramatic than some x-axis magic

Sent from a 128th Legion Stormtrooper 6P

2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    (Ah, I'm with you, you just reckon they did the remastering of it too early, you're thinking they should leave it a few more years. Well, I don't mind, I played Bioshock in 2008 and Bioshock 2 in I think 2009, so 7/8 years is OK with me - those are two games that had a big impact on me, the atmosphere, story, excitement of the play, they were very immersive for me.)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Kade Storm, Georgel and TBoneSan like this.
  3. DataShell

DataShell Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just got back and I don't want to disrupt the discussion too much, so I'll just put this here.
    Yeah, but the M15x weighs a ton and has crap battery life. Of course, at the time it was made, they did the best they could. :) It's still an incredible machine though, and yeah it proves my point.

Um, wot? Really? I've still got an old Compaq Presario R4000 from 2005 that still works. My cousin has a metric butt ton of old Thinkpads from 2006-2012 he got off of a computer liquidator that still work great. My dad and most of his office friends still use the HP Elitebook 8440p laptops they got from their company back in 2010, and they work perfectly. And I have a bunch of family members that have netbooks from around 2010 stored in drawers and cabinets that still hold their charge and work fine.
    Anyway, NBC has posted an overview of the 1050 Ti, and its supposedly going to be both a mobile and desktop card with performance on par with a 970M.

Source: http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti.168400.0.html

4. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Georgel and Ionising_Radiation like this.
  5. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    At least they appear to be widening the gap between the X50 and X60 series.

I wish death upon the X65 and the X55 series - both milking attempts by Nvidia.

Edit:
    I don't think it's fair to say this. The GTX 970M has equal performance with the GTX 960, not the 950. The 950 is some 10-12% slower.

DataShell and Georgel like this.
  6. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Deleted.

Reason - read the whole thread, Dark future, very thin to be sustainable, Hoping for the best.

7. ryanev84

ryanev84 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    lol.. last laptop

why because you cant upgrade...if the only reason you have a laptop is mxm...leave now

8. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Maybe you just need a *faplet and powerful desktop now :^)

*Gotta read those doujins in portrait mode yo

At the desktop side, not looking so good. Pascal bios is locked down af as joedirt and laithan on ocn say. Maybe @Prema can help unlock bios, but no way to flash a mod bios to card right now.

9. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's quite a dark overview.

I don't want them locked cards...

Maybe they melt like ice cream or burn like fireworks if going overboard when OCing and this is why it's locked :D

10. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    I really hate that AMD now, retards put an unfinished half hearted effort to beat the green greed, they had so much time and all that for just catching upto the Maxwell with Polaris 10 what a big joke, being happy with that facebook madness of console junkware (that 1060 will blast their noob effort, time to die AMD, you deserve this) And now no more MXM reference PCBs with desktop lock vBIOS what is this, WTF is this monopolistic B$...

People are really dumb, because of their clickbait magnetic braindead-ness this is going to hell !

jaybee83, Papusan, CaerCadarn and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.