Pascal: What do we know? Discussion, Latest News & Updates: 1000M Series GPU's

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by J.Dre, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Clevo laptops are being bought in NBR community and people who don't know the Clevo is the ODM they buy the Origin and etc but far less numbers, coming to MSI I think they boast their modularity with the MXM standard and people buy their machines as well over ASUS.

Considering the 980 200W mobile chip Nvidia wanted to go full blow on the mobile spectrum but this news, stopped delivering the reference design is way more radical than it looks. But really It depends on how much % of people are still gonna invest in the DTR scene and how the Nvidia's decision will impact the costs of these new Pascal Clevo / MSI MXM machines...

Also those ridiculous pricing of MXM modules and the SLI MSI / ASUS machines should come down else people won't buy them at all, AMD has a key role now, If they blew this the BGA will flood sooner than expected..

Very unfortunate turn of events.
    I still remember that clock block fiasco and NBR community helped that stupid decision roll back, last resort if things go south :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    oveco, Papusan, Eclipse251 and 4 others like this.
  2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    damn straight. if mxm boards go the way of the dodo, the NBR enthusiasts will make sure that their voice will be heard ;)

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10

triturbo, Georgel, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  3. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    damn straight. if mxm boards go the way of the dodo, the nbr enthusiast community will make sure its voice is heard loud n clear ;)

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10

King of Interns likes this.
  4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I used to do that in the early to mid 2000's with my Shuttle cases. I had a perfect setup with the PC, mouse, keyboard, and a 17" LCD screen and of course a long extension cable.

Georgel likes this.
  5. tgipier

tgipier Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    We probably still get pascal MXM package form. Volta is a completely different bet.

6. jasonlam

jasonlam Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  7. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    http://videocardz.com/60973/nvidia-geforce-10-mobile-series-to-be-released-in-august

From the link :
    GeForce 10 mobile series are codenamed N17x, as revealed by leaked screenshot. The website also confirms that NVIDIA will not be using M postfix for its high-end cards. However, it does not necessarily mean they will share specifications with desktop variants.Earlier rumors indicate that NVIDIA is preparing new mobile Pascal graphics card with 2048 CUDA cores, and there is no such GP104 based GeForce card.

Bench Life confirmed with two NVIDIA partners: A (Asus?) and C (Clevo?), that we won’t be seeing new Pascal mobile cards till first week of August. NVIDIA could be waiting to see where Polaris 10 Radeon RX 400M parts will go.

Georgel, hmscott and jaybee83 like this.
  8. Hurik

Hurik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Seems like mobile 1080s and 1070s are ready and Nvidia is just waiting for AMD to position their cards. The performance of the mobile 1080 with 2048 cores and reduced clocks should be at just about desktop 1070 level (Titan X). The only issue is the price, if AMD Polaris 10 is priced well, Nvidia might be forced to charge less premium for their non-M cards. Otherwise, I can imagine Ngreedia shouting "Titan X in mobile!" and charging $1500 for it.

I also wonder if that Chinese graph is legit, where 1080M was about 15% faster than 980 and R9 M495X was somehow between 1070M and 1080M.

oveco and Georgel like this.
  9. PrimeTimeAction

PrimeTimeAction Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Rumored Launch date of 19-Aug-2016

EDIT: I got a web security policy violation alert from my antivirus so I am deleting the link. It could be false positive so I am keeping the post. If you are still interested it is from techarp.com

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  10. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That seems right.

Not. They're just attention whores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.