Pascal: What do we know? Discussion, Latest News & Updates: 1000M Series GPU's

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by J.Dre, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aqnb

aqnb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, as a consolation price - whatever notebook chassis has power + thermals for GTX 980 SLI can surely keep up with GTX 1080, whenever its time will come.

oveco and Robbo99999 like this.
  2. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    They made a point of claiming this was stock clocks and that this laptop will be designed to allow overclocking, but overclocked benchmarks will be provided later:

hmscott and Georgel like this.
  3. oveco

oveco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Ethrem likes this.
  5. PrimeTimeAction

PrimeTimeAction Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Most graphics score i have seen for GTX1080 is arround 27000, this score 34000.

6. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've only seen one, which is the one I listed a while back from KitGuru (29K). I've also brought it up in this thread that the 34K is more than the 29K that I've seen for the GTX 1080. Have you got some links showing the 27K? (The more links we can see of GTX 1080 3DMark11 Graphics Scores then the more we know what the true performance of the GTX 1080 really is on that test.). The fact that at the moment there is this slight difference between the 34K of the Asus laptop vs the so far 27&29K of the GTX 1080 adds credence that it could be an sli setup, but it would be useful to see more links of what the 1080 can do in 3DMark11 Graphics Score to add weight to this argument. If it's an sli setup then this really isn't an exciting laptop, and is either GTX 980 sli or perhaps GTX 1070M sli laptop (score too low for 1080M sli laptop I hope!). Until I see a few more 3DMark11 GTX 1080 Graphics Scores in the region of 27-29K, then I still think this could be a GTX 1080 in that Asus laptop.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    jaybee83, Kade Storm and Georgel like this.
  7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  8. PrimeTimeAction

PrimeTimeAction Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I guess it was from leaks that came just before the launch.
    http://videocardz.com/59558/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-3dmark-benchmarks

9. Link4

Link4 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The first thing that came to my thought after seeing the 34K Graphics score was it has to be something ridiculous like 980 Notebook SLI. I also thought it might be possible to be a full 1080 but even that's impossible after checking it's Graphics score http://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1080-Desktop-Review-Pascal-has-arrived.165500.0.html.

And sure enough it scores similar to a 980 SLI
    [​IMG]

Source

Other possibilities are 1080M SLI which would be very underwhelming, but very unlikely since mobile Pascal shouldn't be here until Fall at least.

These is also a chance that this is Polaris 10, but I don't think that's the case either since AMD doesn't do desktop TDP cards and if 100-125W M490X really scores this high RIP nVidia.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Papusan and jaybee83 like this.
  10. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Am I absolutely the only person that noticed this thing on their announcement "24" laptop" ?

Dude, if they made a 24" laptop, and that tag was on their page not by mistake, might as well have put a freaking 1080 desktop in there for all we know, but why have that incredible bad external cooling ?

I mean, their water cooled laptops are the greatest fails ever made by humanity.

Why ? Simple. You cannot carry it. The best laptop can be, but if it needs to be carried in a luggage bigger than all clothes I package on a week trip in another country, it might as well stop from being created.

And I am not talking about laptop's size, but the water cooled asus so far needs to be carried in a luggage with wheels, which is not big, but rather cubic. Thick. I cannot imagine who takes that thing anywhere, it is a 17.3" laptop, with mobile BGA CPU, but still needs a huge cooler.

IF they can make a laptop from one piece, no external cooling, no external GPU, no external nothing, and make it run with internal water cooling, I can be happy.

It sure is possible, just needs better engineering and more time put towards constructing it.

I cannot believe how much money people can throw at something uncomfortable and BGA, without saying anything. That thing is not a socketed laptop, it is not supposed to last a life, yet it is marketed as the best thing in the world .

They simply added a pump outside of the laptop, and made something unpractical and plasticky. I have nothing against asking money or anything, but the design is so prone to failure. A simple freaking vapor chamber would had wrapped things nicely, make the thing thicker. IF someone carries a freaking luggage box for a freaking laptop, might as well make the laptop 1 or 2 inches thicker, no one will feel it more than that cubic box.

Come on. I carry 1 backpack, 1 sidebag, 1 sidebag, 1 shoulder bag when traveling. Cannot take that thing. Whoever needs to take his laptop somewhere, I am sure he does not need something as big as that. I totally want a thicker laptop, it won't become cubic any day soon, will it ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.