Pascal: What do we know? Discussion, Latest News & Updates: 1000M Series GPU's

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by J.Dre, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    As someone using Samsung/GloFo LPE in his phone and has one dead core on his A57 cluster and the rest heat up to roughly 80C doing regular browsing... I'll leave that up to you to decide. The phone has rebooted when I've maxed the three live A57 cores... They hit 105C and the phone shuts off. 95C and it reboots. No overclocking or any tweaks of any kind except it's rooted which requires a custom kernel because... Samsung... But that's for another thread entirely.

LPP is a different beast and I don't have the answer to your question there.

TomJGX and PrimeTimeAction like this.
  2. triturbo

triturbo Long live 16:10 and MXM-B

Reputations:
    This might have more to gnusmas' design than the process. Just saying.

3. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You're getting warmer but TSMC screwed up... NVidia is looking at massive delays because of TSMC...

4. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Um, what exactly are you talking about? The earthquake in Taiwan? That delayed production 3 days. I don't mean offense by this, but you remind me of a high school girl spreading gossip and rumors. :D You hide your information behind claims you're not allowed to speak of it, yet you continue to "hint" to some disaster that's taking place as TSMC. o_O FYI: Not suggesting you're wrong but it's becoming an annoyance. If you're not "allowed" then why?! Don't tease us. :(

"TSMC will enter into volume production in the time-range of Q3 2015. TSMC and Nvidia have also confirmed on more than one occasion that the next generation (Pascal) GPUs will be produced on the 16nm FinFET+ node... With the initial production being more or less fully utilized by Apple, we should see the Pascal GP100 GPU in Q1 2016 by the earliest, with Q2 being the more conservative estimate."

"The upcoming ramp-up of 16nm production capacity will buoy TSMC's sales performance starting March, the report quoted market watchers as indicating. The foundry's 16nm FinFET processes consisting of 16FF (16nm FinFET), 16FF+ (16nm FinFET Plus) and 16FFC (16nm FinFET Compact) will generate more than 20% of its total wafer revenues in 2016."

I can't find a single article suggesting that NVIDIA Pascal is in danger because of TSMC. There are reports of huge delays from more than a year ago from TSMC due to the high demand of the next generation chips, but that has been resolved since. And nothing suggests that Pascal is doomed and massive delays on the horizon are inevitable. If you have the inside scoop on some of these companies, you should be hitting the stock market, not gossiping with people online.

But hey, if you must spread gossip and rumors, go for it. This thread was never meant to be a rumor thread, hence the title, "What do we know?" :p Again, this is not meant to be offensive or an "attack." And I don't really have the time nor willingness to debate or argue, so please don't take this out of context and start something... But I do look forward to reading your reply, hopefully with an explanation. I'm very confused about your claims of impending doom. o_O

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    TomJGX and HTWingNut like this.
  5. Bankfenster

Bankfenster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hopefully he isnt right...

Do u guys think, that clevo and other notebook manufacturer will bring new models with pascal (different chassis etc.), or just go with the same chassis and just smash pascal GPUs in it?

And what I've read a lot and still dont understand: Why should pascal run hotter than maxwell? I'am a totally noob, but from 5xxm to 6xxm (40nm to 28nm), the GPUs ran like 10°C cooler with same cooling system, why would it be different with pascal? In my opinion: more performance per watt = less heat?

And do u think that nvidia will ban overlocking entirely with pascal? I'am not up to date, but like 2008 (where notebooks were big and throttling was no issue), overlocking your GPU would easily result in a 10% performance-boost.

Hopefully 2016 will be the year, where AMD comes back into the notebook market, so there will be competition again, just like in the good old days.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  6. PrimeTimeAction

PrimeTimeAction Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would respectfully disagree. :)
    I dont think anything Ethrem has said is based on rumors or speculation. He is just sharing his knowledge based on facts he is aware of. And just because he cannot share all, doesn't mean he shouldn't share anything. He has been pretty clear about his statements and I don't see any ambiguity or tease.
    In fact this thread has more information and insight on Pascal then any other forum on the internet.
    But again that's just my opinion. You are more then welcome to disagree :)

moviemarketing, jaybee83 and Ethrem like this.
  7. tgipier

tgipier Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Delay in schedule doesnt mean delay on launch date for pascal.

8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Since when did it become okay to crucify someone for sharing information in a rumor thread? I know more than I can share... But the Chinese leaks should be coming soon. I'm out of this thread except in a moderator capacity

9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    even if @Ethrem is dead wrong, those info tidbits are very entertaining, and thats a worst-case scenario i can live with :)

steberg, hmscott and moviemarketing like this.
  10. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Whoa, again you are all saying I'm attacking him or crucifying him. Ouch, that's not it at all.

See the smiley faces and stuff? You interpret it wrongfully. Don't think I could be more clear.

I don't disagree. And there's no need for disagreement. I just asked for an explanation. I'm fishing for information, not trying to start a war.

hmscott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.