Pascal ROG Strix GL502/GL702 Thread

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by NBRlurker, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Sara212

Sara212 Newbie

Reputations:
    I got latest bios version which is 303. The problem existed from the beginning even before I installed any new software. I got no problem with setting laptop fan speed before gaming to 100% in which both fans spin at maximum RPM, but I'm sure this isn't how it is supposed to work and fans should fire up automatically.
    Looks like I'm gonna deal with this issue as it is. :( :(

2. sina___j

sina___j Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi.i wanted to buy g752vs but i saw some backlight bleed issues on it.so i decided to buy gl702vs but now in this forum i saw some heatting issues and also backlight bleed!!!!i dont know about underclocking and i have 2 questions:
    1-with disable turbo boost for cpu temp will be reasonable?(i want to play games like battlefield4 or rainbow 6 siege at least 1hour)
    2-is there any backlight bleed issue for this spec of it?
    I7 7700hq - 16gb ddr4 - 1tb 7200rpm + 256gb ssd - nvidia gtx 1070 8gb - full hd 120hz

Sara212 likes this.
  3. Sara212

Sara212 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi. I got a brandnew GL502VSK but when playing demanding games like The Witcher 3, I recognized my CPU and GPU temps are considerably high, about 95C for CPU and 87C for GPU. I undervolted my CPU by -145 mV and set the GPU to use at most 850 mV @ 1823 MHz (default was 1050 mV). By doing these I managed to lower my temps significantly. Now at max fan speed my temps never exceed 74C for CPU and 70C for GPU.

Almost every laptop has backlight bleeding more or less. In my case I can only notice it when my screen is completely black. In every day usage and gaming it's totally ignorable. I hope these experiences which I had are going to work for you.

sina___j likes this.
  4. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:
    deleted

5. sina___j

sina___j Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for sharing your experience :) my friend have a gl702vm whitout undervolting or anything he can play 1-3hours and more and his temp are reasonable.i dont like decreasing the power of cpu or gpu.maybe a coolpad can fix that

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  6. Attila Papp

Attila Papp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    New bios update is out for the GL702VM.
    BIOS 306
    Optimize system performance

7. MotoXer

MotoXer Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the headsup - installed. An odd thing I've noticed with this BIOS is that the CPU and GPU fan speeds are no longer showing in the likes of HWMonitor or other such programs, strange

8. Attila Papp

Reputations:
    Same here. However, Notebook Fan Control can still read and modify the fan speeds.

9. moortadelo

moortadelo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

I'm quite new on the forum. I've owned a gl502vsk for a few months now, and I wanted to upgrade the RAM and SSD taking advantage of black friday.

So, the SSD is already sorted out, but the RAM I'm still in doubt. First, the speed. When I run HWINFO, CPU-Z or Speccy I get speeds of ~1200MHz, which to me doesn't make sense since the least it should be is 2133MHz right? I'm sure I'm missing something here.

And, secondly, both in CPU-Z and Speccy, I get a reading of 4 ram slots. 1 populated, 3 empty. However, in any spec sheet I've found for the 502vsk I can only see 2 slots. Is it possible that I've actually got 4?

Thanks a lot for your time guys, and keep it up! I lurked this thread for weeks before buying and you're incredibly helpful :D

10. Attila Papp

Reputations:

Hi,

DDR stands for Double Data Rate. So what you see in speccy should be doubled
    I'm not quite sure how this works, but you can look this up on Google. More info here

TLDR: Buy DDR-4 Sodimm 2166 MHz

These laptopts have 2 slots. The Task manager shows 4 slots for me, too. Maybe it's because the board has a controller which could handle 4 slots, but Asus only built 2 in it.