Pascal ROG Strix GL502/GL702 Thread

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by NBRlurker, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Coldbird

Coldbird Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    To all GL502VM owners in this topic (GTX 1060 only).
    Please do me a favor (its for my private research of G-Sync and its inner workings).

Open the device manager, unfold the Display adapters node, right click the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 device and click on Properties.

Open the Details tab and in the Property dropdown box pick Hardware Ids.

Then right-click the topmost line of the Value field (should be something like PCI\VEN_10DE....) and pick Copy.

Now paste the value in this topic or write a PM to me with the value.

2. Chewingum

Chewingum Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Here:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C60&SUBSYS_18001043&REV_A1

3. FastM

FastM Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I replaced the MicroSSD with a Samsung 960 EVO,

Everything works great after a fresh install of Windows10 but I've lost the Sonic Studio application.

Honestly its one of those rare sound enhancing softwares that actually worked well.. I don't see it as a separate download on the Asus support page and I've installed every other possible driver/software asus offers.

any ideas?

4. Chewingum

Chewingum Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Did you try Asus Install (Installation Wizard)? It's an app installed by default which automatically searches for drivers and Asus software.

5. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I believe it should be called IcePower, not SOnic Studio, though they may have changed it on the newer models.

6. FastM

FastM Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Definitely Sonic Studio II

Everything I find online says it's supposed to come with the Realtek drivers from Asus's support section for our laptop. There are 2 versions, an old bigger package and an update.

I've tried removing what I had and reinstall the 2 in order and nothing :-(. I do get some HD Audio thing in the control panel than even has a button to open the sonic studio but nothing happens..

At this point I still have the original SSD so I'm going to reinstall it, make an image then copy it over to my Samsung evo. I would of rather had a fresh install but for now I'll run it like this.

At least having a saved image of the factory install I can retry fresh formats in the future and always be able to revert back..

7. link626

link626 Asus GL502VM, Lenovo Y580, Asus K53TA

Reputations:
    heh damn. I thought I didn't have coil whine when I first got this laptop, and now I notice it.
    sounds like an inkjet printer.

oh well.

don_svetlio likes this.