Pascal MXM GPU Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by ssj92, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    And, I think that's were I am headed, too. Once I sell the P870DM-G on eBay, I'll get some disposable piece of trash like a Chromebook and put the P750ZM on eBay. Once both sell, I'll start buying parts for a desktop build. I'm done with retards. The destiny of the high performance notebook industry is controlled by complete imbeciles and dominated by low life Steam punks with turdbooks.

temp00876, Papusan, triturbo and 5 others like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    We've been in the top 1% for a long time. There's no room at the top for trailer trash BGA gamers and that's part of why being an arrogant elitist is such a wonderful thing. You also don't have to wash your hands with antibacterial soap nearly as often.

3. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    done

temp00876, Ashtrix, Papusan and 6 others like this.
  4. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Nice to see 2/3rds would upgrade and half of those are going desktop...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

5. luciela

luciela Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So awesome! Bought my P870DM-G almost 2 months ago, plopped extra money and modding into it, and my prayers have been answered! No support for Pascal Cards!!! WOOOHOOO I'm so happy I don't know what to do with myself. I think I might... go desktop in the future? What a weird idea...

/sarcasm
    Voted +1
    :(

temp00876, TBoneSan, Papusan and 5 others like this.
  6. Knight666

Knight666 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'm also going for PC build and some Chromebook or 2in1 tablet...

Papusan, ajc9988 and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. jpsm

jpsm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    me too was hoping i could upgrade to a 1070 but whatever ill build myself a small box with a mini 1060m in it or buy one of those egpu but i lose my portability. rip to our laptops.

ajc9988 likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    eGPU is Plan B if I can't get what I want for the P870DM-G. If push comes to shove I will sell the P750ZM to help defray the cost of a Razer Core or TUL Devilbox with a 1080, but that's still just one GPU. That doesn't really sound totally satisfying to me. But, it is definitely better than the poke in the eye with a sharp stick we all got from Clevo this time around.

temp00876, Papusan, ajc9988 and 2 others like this.
  9. jpsm

jpsm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Egpu + 6700k and we should be good for the forseeable future but i really want an upgrade to atleast a 1070. This is just depressing. Willing to sell for a small loss but losing 500usd is out of the question for me if i decide to sell. But the way i see it, i think that should be the case because a 1060>980m. Only the desktop cpu is holding my laptop up in price! Have i known this was going to happen, i would not have bought a laptop last february! Should have gotten a aw13 refurb(whatever)for my gaming needs and held off til today. Money i spent on my system was from my savings and some graduation money! And i am currently looking for a job now hopefully getting one by the end of the month and will definitely get myself a new one when the new cpus are out or when i sell my system(thats if i dont take a huge loss) whichever comes first i guess.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yeah, I agree with most of that except for the AW13 part. I cannot be part of contributing to their delinquency as posers. For ethical reasons I refuse to purchase anything from them. But, I'm not going to sell anything at financial loss either. That will just exacerbate the trauma. The machines we purchased are truly amazing products that set the bar the rest of the industry. The only thing wrong with it is the horrible self-centered business decisions made by Clevo after the fact that leaves each of us with a sore and bleeding posterior orifice.

temp00876, Ashtrix, TBoneSan and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.