Pascal MXM GPU Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by ssj92, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    done aaaaand done!

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Who is silly enough to listen to Nvidia about such things, and worse yet, make their business decisions based on Nvidia's polls?

Everyone is hopped up on the 30%+ growth of the Windows gaming market, and in the same breath, the same set of actions, they kill the dream that drives that growth?

What a mess Nvidia has caused :confused::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  3. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Thanks for the share.They're too dumb to know any better. How could anyone with half a brain not want to be able to upgrade a GPU...desktop or mobile

hmscott likes this.
  4. hmscott

Reputations:
    How many smart, successful, busy people stop and take a survey when asked?

They got the reactions and answers of the people with enough time and little care for that time, to answer the questions.

What did they expect?

5. hmscott

Reputations:
    Is that 1% of all Nvidia GPU owning customers - mobile laptop, handhelds, tablets, gaming devices, or 1% of Nvidia mobile 980m/970m MXM customers?

I think Nvidia messed up - that 1% number should be 10% or more if measured from the right group, the only group that knows about and seriously considers upgrading their GPU to Pascal - Nvidia 970m/980m MXM GPU laptop owners.

Nvidia, thanks for screwing up again. :mad::mad::mad:

And, Clevo, MSI, etc. - Wake up, do your own thinking. If it sounds wrong, guess what, it is :confused::eek::Do_O

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    D2 Ultima, Papusan, TomJGX and 2 others like this.
  6. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Ha ha ha, if it would be anything else than 1% of MXM system owner, it would be quite the farce...

temp00876, D2 Ultima, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  7. CARL JONES

CARL JONES Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

AAAhhhhg!!! I don't want to be mad at Nvidia and MSI too but I understand...It will be more work for Nvidia but more money so I take that back I don't understand:(

hmscott likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    If Clevo relied on data that says 1% of their customers care about GPU upgrades, then we may as well all forget about purchasing high performance notebooks forever and go back to building our own desktops. I find that difficult to believe. It flies in the face of the fact they used desktop CPUs. If 1% cared about GPU upgrades, even fewer than 1% would care about having a good CPU.

Now, 1% of notebook owners, yes... I could believe that because being an idiot is the norm. That's why BGA turdbooks exist. There is no shortage of stupid. But, 99% of all Clevo owners being retarded seems like a stretch. If it is true, then we're all screwed because stupidity en masse is almost always fatal.

Ultimately, this will be their loss. My budget for disposable BGA filth is capped at less than $500. Any notebook that cannot be upgraded for at least 3 generations of GPU releases is a worthless piece of garbage and I will not waste my money buying disposable feces. They can bend way over and kiss my gluteus maximus.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    temp00876, Papusan, TomJGX and 4 others like this.
  9. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    We are the 1% lol

BTW any way to make the poll show how many specific votes have been made per choice?

10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    chromebook can be bought for less than 200$ :p

it's a shame that clevo has the best hardware but loses in terms of screen/keyboard/pricing compared to other brands

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.