partition

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows XP and Vista' started by petersago, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petersago

petersago Newbie

Reputations:
    have acer aspire 5920g and the hdd was wiped including the partition where it keeps the factory reset. Its gone and i have a disc that hangs because it is looking for the partition. How do i make the partition so as to finish the re install.

2. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The recovery disk (if that's what you mean) does not look for a a recovery partition, otherwise there would be no point in having the recovery disk.
    There might be another issue - maybe the disk is unreadable or there is an issue with HDD.

If you can't past this, you can always clean install Windows and use a Windows key from the sticker on your notebook to activate it (provided it doesn't do that automatically).

3. petersago

petersago Newbie

Reputations:
    not trying to be silly here but where would i go to get this. Is it at the windows store and what would i be looking for

4. Krane

Krane Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What he's saying is that the recovery disc is what you use to fix the mess you're in; and that if that doesn't work then there's some other issue that is causing the problem.

When your system is completely corrupted you need to go outside for a fresh clean version: you're recovery disc.

You'd go to the Window store if that's where you originally went for your download.

5. vijayanraminfotech

vijayanraminfotech Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear

Using Partition Magic Software :

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.