parents answer to non-stop video gaming?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by useroflaptops, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. useroflaptops

useroflaptops Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. Gregory

Gregory disassemble?

Reputations:
    My brother's Super Nintendo met its fate smashed to pieces against a brick wall because he wouldn't stop playing. That solution worked surprisingly well, because he spent the rest of the summer working & saving money to buy a new one, each day spent without the luxury of a video game.

This product seems like a neat idea, but not practical or necessary, as the article suggests.

If it's marketed well it could sell, but I think my brothers story would be much more effective in the end...

Imagine a PSA with images of a smashed up PS3 on the floor. Surrounded by children in mourning. They press the power button... but nothing happens. Then they cut to the text, "THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!". :p

3. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    PFFT retarded,

My step dad cut the power cord off my atari when I was a kid and threw it away. Soon as he left the room 10 minutes later I was up and going. I cut a cord off an old house fan, spliced it back into my atari cord and used electric tape to seal it.

Any kid with 2 braincells to knock together would know to.

A.) Just buy another power cord for your system and hide it somewhere
    or
    B.) Use my method :D

Save your money and just be a good parent instead of a lazy one.

I can think of some real ways to prevent them from playing if I had to go that far.

4. irishhenshin

irishhenshin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Too true, It's lazy parents that are ones who complain about it, a little bit of discipline, not even strict, not even punishment, maybe if the parent took the kid to the movie or drove him/her and there friends to like a bowling alley or something! So many alternatives than what parents usually do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.