Painless Reinstall on XPS M1530

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by taruian, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taruian

taruian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i need to reinstall the os, ie vista home premium which comes with preloaded.

if i reinstall only the os with formatting the drive c: will the dell media direct work?

im already installed the media direct on seperate 2.5gb partition, now i just want to format the drive c n install only the os, if i do so will the media direct works? or do i need to install everything from the begininig.

please help me, right now i have dell media direct installed in the seperate partition n vista in drive c,?

is it possible to format only drive c n install vista again, so that dell media direct will be there? im scared that if i format drive c n install vista again, i guess dell media direct wont work? so i want to make sure, how can i reinstall only os?

how can i proceed?

ty

2. zmojo

zmojo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes it won't affect Mediadirect. Just make sure that once you arrive at the partition page in Vista's setup that you go to advanced options and format the C partition. Then install Vista there and run the mediadirect disc after it finishes. I did this and everything worked the same after.

3. fonduekid

fonduekid JSUTAONHTERBIRCKINTEHWLAL

Reputations:
  4. taruian

taruian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thank you for your help:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.