1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Painless Reinstall on XPS M1530

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by taruian, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taruian

taruian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i need to reinstall the os, ie vista home premium which comes with preloaded.

if i reinstall only the os with formatting the drive c: will the dell media direct work?

im already installed the media direct on seperate 2.5gb partition, now i just want to format the drive c n install only the os, if i do so will the media direct works? or do i need to install everything from the begininig.

please help me, right now i have dell media direct installed in the seperate partition n vista in drive c,?

is it possible to format only drive c n install vista again, so that dell media direct will be there? im scared that if i format drive c n install vista again, i guess dell media direct wont work? so i want to make sure, how can i reinstall only os?

how can i proceed?

ty

2. zmojo

zmojo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes it won't affect Mediadirect. Just make sure that once you arrive at the partition page in Vista's setup that you go to advanced options and format the C partition. Then install Vista there and run the mediadirect disc after it finishes. I did this and everything worked the same after.

3. fonduekid

fonduekid JSUTAONHTERBIRCKINTEHWLAL

Reputations:
  4. taruian

taruian Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thank you for your help:)