Pages don't load in Opera

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by McGrady, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGrady

    McGrady Notebook Virtuoso

    Reputations:
    1,400
    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3,377
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    105
    I DL'd Opera on my laptop (specs in sig) and it worked fine but now all of a sudden I can't see any website. It's just blank, the page is white screen. The last thing I remember doing was disabling popups by right clicking and block content. I tried deleting private data but that didn't help. Anyone know the problem or solution? I also tried re-installing.
     
  2. Gregory

    Gregory disassemble?

    Reputations:
    2,869
    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1,831
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    55
  3. McGrady

    McGrady Notebook Virtuoso

    Reputations:
    1,400
    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3,377
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    105
    No. It's not really that problem. It seems like the pages load, but just no picture or content.
     
  4. snake001

    snake001 Newbie

    Reputations:
    0
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    hey,
    did You manage somehow to solve this problem? I have had the same problem few times, but restarting Opera always helped; today nothing helps, i tried re-installing - still blank.

    If you found solution somehow, please could you post it?

    greetz,
    s001
     
  5. qhn

    qhn Notebook User

    Reputations:
    1,654
    Joined:
    May 26, 2006
    Messages:
    5,955
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    205
    i can think of 2 possible things that can cause this "known" pet-bug:
    . firewall/virus scanner blocking Opera 9.5 and/or
    . the cache mechanism is schrott; in this instance, u can try to delete all private datas, or actually deleting the cache folder, and try again

    cheers ...
     
  6. ttupa

    ttupa Tech Elitist NBR Reviewer

    Reputations:
    136
    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2005
    Messages:
    1,150
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    55
  7. snake001

    snake001 Newbie

    Reputations:
    0
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    - neither anti-vir nor firewall is the problem
    - tried deleting cache before, didn't help

    now tried suggested profile reset, still no luck :(

    It's very weird bug, it looks like Opera is totally dead. Doesn't even try to load anything, web page, opera:config, local file...

    F5 doesn't work,absolutely nothing works in main window (panels and transfers seem to be working fine).

    For few days more I won't probably have time to fight with the issue, but I won't let it go that easy...

    Any more ideas, even the creaziest ones :) [well, no windows re-install:p] are welcome :)

    greetings,
    s001
     
  8. Silas Awaketh

    Silas Awaketh Notebook Deity

    Reputations:
    891
    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2007
    Messages:
    1,676
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Try going to the blocked content (Tools - Advanced - Blocked Content), and remove everything from there (evereything), and the see if it works.
     
  9. ttupa

    ttupa Tech Elitist NBR Reviewer

    Reputations:
    136
    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2005
    Messages:
    1,150
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    55
    Could you system restore to the time before this problem existed? Or you could go back to before you downloaded O, and try re-installing.
     
  10. snake001

    snake001 Newbie

    Reputations:
    0
    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    5
    hi there,

    problem is solved - it seems every one of you had some rights as the problem was lying in the profile - but Silas Awaketh was indeed right. I found it the hard way unfortunately, the urlfilter.ini file in profile directory contained '*' entry in [Exclude] section -> basically that could be seen in Tools - Advanced - Blocked Content and deleted from there as well.

    I assumed that uninstalling deleted everything, what was not true (sic!)

    I still have no idea how that could happen, but it seems some other people are affected with this issue, too. Hope this is their problem and solution :)

    Thank you for assistance ;)
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page