Packard Bell

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by AZZA, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil Mayz

Lil Mayz Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Both brands ae awful. Packard Bell is the sort of PC brand you would find in a supermarket. NEC computers are super unreliable, and have awful customer support.

2. darth_laidher

darth_laidher Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i havent seen a packard bell pc in yrs. and ive never seen a packard bell notebook, the last packard bell pc was a mid 90s desktop.

3. Best Foot Forward

Best Foot Forward Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've still got my heap of rubbish Packard Bell of 4 years. What cheeses me off about it was what awful value it represented, although that was partly due to my inexperience at the time with computers, nevertheless, its still a pile of c***.

4. darth_laidher

Reputations:
    yup always useful to do research

5. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think this is their "market strategy" to target inexperienced ones.

6. darth_laidher

Reputations:
    no wonder i havent seen a packard bell in years because they dont sell anything in the u.s, cant even shop online from the u.s fair enough they suck anyway lol.

7. darth_laidher

Reputations:
    you'd think if PB was soooooooo good they would sell in the u.s market since it is one of the biggest markets around that alone should tell you something.

8. wobble987

wobble987 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    your comparisson between vw and bmw just doesn't make sense, bmw is renowned for their handling and no one (other than exotic supercar maker such as lotus, porsche, ferrari, etc) can match them. from the looks of things; you never drive a bmw.

Packard bell a VW??!?! more like a KIA to me. I mean a VW? lol

i wouldn't even touch one, if someone gave me one! (seriously! well... maybe i'll play with it and do my 24hour download with it, but i wouldn't put my precious data in it)

in here (australia), packard bell is indeed sold through supermarket, along with other unnamed brand. I've seen one in store, and i just can't stand their design. i checked their website and they indeed improve their design, instead of an ugly beige box, to an ugly black and silver box. i mean, who on earth compare this to sony and toshiba?!? dude, are you insane? who is on their right mind crazy enough to buy their PB notebook priced closed to sony and toshiba? their model just scream budget to me.

btw, i've also seen NEC pc, and it is also the most cheap built notebook i've seen

9. wobble987

wobble987 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    i did some research; an indeed; packard bell is pretty popular across some part of europe. but saying putting it in the same caliber as toshiba and sony is just absurd. packard bell is clasified as low to medium-low caliber notebook. it is perhaps comparable to dell notebook (as in making budget line up). most of the review state that (roughly like this); the build quality is below standard; but is no crap either.

10. darth_laidher

Reputations:
    hey i had a kia it was a nice ride hard to get parts for it if it would break down but it was a alright car till i wrecked it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.