Packard Bell

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by AZZA, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikke

ikke Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

about packard bell laptops. I've used to sell them along with brands like acer, toshiba,hp,fijutsu siemens and i would just like to ad that most of pb models (models like r-series, w-series) have a very high build quality. Those models have a very decent chassi and perform like any other a-brand.
    Also it is one of the few companies that realy asks sellers for ideas and realy use them.
    I would recomend an pb any time over an acer (problems).

sorry for poor english.

and no im not a pb fanboy (i have a hp nx8220)

2. ivar

ivar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It seems to me that the positive opinion about PB in this thread is only expressed by those who are related to the notebook selling business. As I told, so far PB notebooks are only able to compete in the low budget sector, and they don't seem to offer the
    best price per quality there either.

Let us waite for a first impartial happy Packard Bell owner here. :)

3. ikke

ikke Newbie

Reputations:
    The biggest problem pb had for a long time was low gpu-power in there notebooks. I also was one of the many sellers who said that was a problem, an other problem was quality of casing in older products. Both have gone up (alot, surpassing (to my opinion) acer (not hard) and toshiba). Also an other big thing is service, here pb scores again average to good.

And reputation, remember that making a bad name goes fast, very fast and making people see improvements is hard. When someone bought a pb lappy 4 years ago, than in some cases they had very bad (week) casings and screens (what is admitted by pb (wrong partnership (casings)) and now will automaticaly say its a bad brand non the less i would just say check them out (handle them and than make an opinion). Something that stands for all brands.

4. Clearday

Clearday Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  5. AZZA

AZZA Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    very good photos clearday, the notebook in the eleventh photo is my current notebook

6. BobbleHead

BobbleHead Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Very not related to PB notebooks, but back in the day, Packard Bell desktops were the cheapest, ****tiest PCs you could buy. They sold them everywhere. You would buy one, and it would fall apart. It came with this crappy shell that stayed on top of windows. This ****tiest support that ever existed. Turds.

7. skywalker

skywalker Business Notebook FTW!!

Reputations:
    Is Packard Bell = NEC?
    In some Asia Pacific contries, eg Singapore, Malaysia,Indonesia, Aussie there is no packard bell notebooks, but I found resemblance between packard bell and NEC notebooks

8. AZZA

AZZA Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Packard Bell is indeed a division of NEC computers.

9. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    this topic is interesting just because of this

Im almost positive pacard bell was one of the companies that were owned by at and t. Why they would be absent from the us market and present in the rest of the world I dont know.

I mean.... Im ok with not knowing too dont get me wrong. But whatever it is is some strange story.

10. Vectis

Vectis Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there!

Im a newbie for notebook computing and Ive loads of concerns on which brand to buy for the last couple of weeks.

Although Im an advanced desktop user, I find out that notebooks are totally different in the matter of the subject that you are going to use them.

Ive been searching a lot for PB in this period of time and it seems that EasyNote W3624 is a perfect match for me to buy.

I prefer an AMD notebook with the most capable battery life.
    17" would of course be a nice bonus.

One of the options was HP NX6125 EK156EA AMD TUR 1.8G 512MB 60GB 15 XPH but PB seems more fitted to what Ive expected from a notebook.

Although HP is cheaper than PB and a better known brand among notebooks, I think Im going to prefer EasyNote W3624.

Id very like to know your opinions on the subject.

Rgards,

Vectis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.