Packard Bell

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by AZZA, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clearday

Clearday Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Dear Ivar,

As you know Azerbayjan is an another Turkish state in the region. All Azerbayjan activities,economies,population ties to Turkey. You can call Turkey as a brother. So Azerbayjan's own capability is very limited if Turkey will not help this brother state. You know Azerbayjan consists of "Azeri Turks".

Vestel’s production exceeded 15 million in 2005 with an export turnover of over €2.2 billion, only R&D center of middle east and eastern europe. Vestel sells its products in 103 countries including Europe, The CIS, Asia, and The Middle East, Africa, America, and Australia.

On the other hand, I respect your views about PB. Everybody has own thoughts...

2. AZZA

AZZA Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    mate lets keep this packard bell related
    cheers

3. _radditz_

_radditz_ Fallen to the Sith...

Reputations:
    That has to be one of the laziest generalisations I have ever heard.

If "Notebook X" was any other brand it would have better features than Packard Bell in every way.

Imagine you are comparing a Sony and PB, the Sony X-black screen would win any day. Also, Sony laptops are well renowned for their style and are significantly more aesthetically appealing than a PB. So much for PB's alleged "visual appeal" and superior "Diamondview LCD" in this case.

Image you are comparing an Asus and PB, no guesses for who has the better build quality. Asus laptops are known to last.

Imagine you are comparing an Acer laptop to PB, Acer are very competitively priced and have a decent build quality. You get far more for your money with an Acer then with the PB which probably has the same cheap components. Need I remind you of the PC Plus article in which they said "Packard Bell has collected together every budget component it could lay its hands on. The result is a laptop that’s average in many regards, and decidedly poor in others."

URL: http://www.pcplus.co.uk/reviews/mobile_computing/packard_bell_easynote_f5_280

By saying notebook X will be better without knowing what it is, is extremely ignorant. If you are going to make your case then at least know all the facts before making your argument. The reason why PB pulled out of the American market was because their quality was not at an acceptable standard. If it was, then PB would be selling in America right now. If their laptops are so good then why aren’t they?

PB is the worst make of laptop I have come across and will never buy from them again. Poor customer service and their website has drivers that make your laptop give you the jolly old blue screen.

Cheers dude. It’s the biggest waste of money ever.

Trust me dude, speaking from my laptop it sucks. It’s really jumpy most of the time and the buttons make loud cheap sounding clicks.

I have a reason for you, its called profit. All PB want to do is sell cheap laptops with lacking features that are overpriced and that PC Plus article says the same thing, “but we’ve seen similarly priced rivals with 802.11g Wi-Fi and Ati graphics cards. We therefore find it difficult to recommend this machine to anyone.”

I can understand you arguing your case for PB, that’s fine. I’d defend my laptop manufacturer had I bought a decent laptop. But PB aren’t regarded as cheap in the industry for no reason.

4. z5sharp

z5sharp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My first computer (mid 1990s) was by Packard Bell!

5. AZZA

AZZA Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    awww mate, you put your whole heart and sole into that last post, but im sorry mate, your post carries no grounds.

It is obvious that you are using an old PB notebook, with old NEC technology throughout the whole notebook. Last year PB hit it off with brand new line of notebooks with brand new technology in their A,B,L and W series notebooks.

I was merely saying that 'Notebook X' would be a notebook with a small unknown name on it. I am not in any way saying that a PB notebook is better than a sony notebook, if you must hear it, Sony is slightly better, but i am saying it has been proven that DiamondView is on par with the X-Black

I cannot speak of ASUS notebooks as they are not well known in the UK and only sell their notebooks through small businesses, not large operators such as PC World/Currys/Dixons. But it is very ignorant for you to compare a new ASUS notebook with an old discontinued PB product, as i have said it carries no grounds at all.

Acer is much the same with ASUS as they operate on a small scale in the United Kingdom, and you cannot compare your ageing PB notebook with a new Acer.

That review is of your ageing F5 280 notebook, and quite frankly i agree with everything they have said, it really is rubbish! PB moved out of the Amercian market because they just simply did not want to sell there anymore, they felt that their biggest market is Western Europe, not for the obscene reason you suggested.

By this previous post, you have made yourself appear very ignorant, arrogant and extremely childish in saying Packard Bell is the worst make ever without testing their latest products.

As for your cheap jumpy touchpad and loud clicky buttons, that goes back to my previous point of your cheap quality discontinued notebook.

Packard Bell are not out there just to get a profit, they are of similar prices of other notebooks with the same specs. Also the quotes from the article are once more of your rubbish discontinued notebook

Sorry if i sounded repetative in this post but it is exactly what you have been like in your last post

6. Metamorphical

Metamorphical Good computer user

Reputations:
    Generally it doesn't matter much if you introduce a brandnew line of products. That doesn't mean the brand will be automatically held in any higher regaurd. Particularly if this change was only a year ago. If you've built cheap stuff in the past, people tend to remember that and will base future decisions on past experiences regaurdless. They'll avoid the brand at all cost. Earlier in the thread you posted pictures of a 13.3 inch model that was really a rebranded NEC which you praised for its high quality. Do you mean to say that model was one of the discontinued models?

7. AZZA

AZZA Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I understand that but people should give PB a chance they are a changed company. They still have ties with NEC which is no bad thing, the PB A series notebook is one of their current models.

8. _radditz_

_radditz_ Fallen to the Sith...

Reputations:
    Is that part of their mission statement or something? Does it include to provide sub-stanbdard notebooks at unreasonable prices as well? Can you please send me a link as to where you found this?

I dont understand how on the one hand you have nothing but praise for a company then trash their products because they are old.

People who bought IBM notebooks years ago speak favourably of them because they are quality products. It doesnt matter if they are old, a quality laptop is a quality laptop. This I find is lacking in packard bell - be it in materials used, components or customer service.

Also, I never said I was comparing my laptop with new models from Acer, Sony or Asus. You were comparing the latest PB notebook with a mysterious "notebook X". All i was saying is that you cant say PB is better without knowing what it is you are comparing with.

I totally agree, I hate my "rubish old notebook", its a piece of PB ****. I cant wait to replace it.

Finally, this is a forum. People come here to learn not to be called names. I said what you did was ignorant - i did not call you ignorant. Please refrain from calling me, or any other forum member, names in future.

9. Clearday

Clearday Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How much fair to compare Sony with PB? I dont find it logical. Xbrite screen is not far better than PB. And PB's screens are really really better than many notebook screens. No one discusses that PB is the number one nbook in the market here. I try to say it is not worst, not best. To keep all PB notebook series out of view is not a fair result like Sony comparison.And putting some very old http://www.pcplus.co.uk/reviews/mobi...asynote_f5_280 PB nbook series reviews here is again not fair and true.

The latest Easynote series like V (dual core with PATA hdd,15,4") and W (centrino,17") series are able to make anything what you want from a notebook. Of course they haVent got best builtup quality.But could anyone give me a fair and winner comparison among Sony's or any brand's builtup quality with Panasonic's excellent toughbook nbook series? Noone...
    It means if you want to seek out a best,there are always bests like there are always worsts...and middles...PB is not the best,is not the worst.

regards,
    CDTRF

10. AZZA

AZZA Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I for one do admit that just a year ago, PB where average notebooks, there certainly were better notebooks out there. Unfortunately your notebook was not their best executive decision in the history of PB computers.

Yes i agree totally, but you now have to give PB a chance now, as they are up now with the best of vendors.

I disagree very much here, you were very clearly comparing your notebook with brand new notebooks of today. Like Clearday, i definately agree that it is an unwarranted comparison as notebooks are improving every month in this dog eat dog market. You clearly know nothing about notebooks, and it is evident in your extraneous statement.

Mate, In Ireland, saying ones actions is ignorant is like saying one is ignorant. I called you this because your assumption on these notebooks are incorrect and you really dont have a clue what you're talking about, if you did you would know better than to post a stupid post like what you did.

I suggest you check out PB's latest notebooks before you make uncanny reviews and opinions based on old knowledge, after you check them out come back and challenge me.

Yes i agree with you totally, DiamondView is certainly on par with X-Black screens and on a whole Packard Bell is indeed no better, or no worse than many of the other well known vendors out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.