PA71HP6-G

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    They are real life images just with graphics added to them, they are not renders and are representative of what you will get.

2. Jmanthesin

Jmanthesin Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes cuties, but I would like to see photos of the laptop on a surface without fx'.

3. Geforce2go

Geforce2go Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now the P67x series is starting to be phased out on many sites it looks as though I'll be getting this Clevo instead. Looks like they have improved the cooling system from the previous G-sync model which is a major bonus.

4. Jason Novak

Jason Novak Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just want to chime in I got this laptop on Friday, upgraded an older Dell 17R SE with a i7-3610qm and gt650m.

So far I'm happy with it - trackpad feels a lot better than my old laptop, fingerprint reader is nice.

Initial things I notice are more software than hardware. I didn't notice it immediately until turning off my AC a few times, fan seems to run at unexpected times - be just browsing and I'll hear the fans ramp up, and check on only at ~1.4 GHz and 45 degrees.

Sometimes it seems like the keyboard backlight sleep is abrupt, have to try to pay more attention to it but it enough to draw the eye

It's sound seems good - I wanted top mounted speakers, my Dell had them under the front, did have a subwoofer. The soundblaster app does mess with the sound a bit, which I usually don't like. Without it it's pretty quiet though. But I think the Dell was the same way - quiet at max and no sub until you installed the special driver, it just didn't expose as many adjustments

I have a possible issue where I got a 960evo upgrade, but samsung magician shows it was in X2 slot and only benchmarked at 1700mb. My understanding should have a X4 primary slot. I took a look at opening it up, pulled all the screws but bottom still seems to be held somewhere in the middle, but waiting to hear back from support with instructions, don't want to find out there's a hidden screw,break clips, etc on a brand new laptop. Too new to find a youtube video, and even support seemed a little confused on the system specs and said would need to contact Sager for disassembly instructions, haven't heard back yet.

Side note I got mine with the upgraded 7200 rpm drive (is an HGST travelstar 7K1000), the 960evo 256gb. Screen is a LP173WF4-SPF5 panel, nice upgrade over my previous TN 17"

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    jsstp24n5 and sicily428 like this.
  5. mayuk

mayuk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Great you are happy with it. I got mine on Friday as well.
    Just wondering if you have noticed keyboard being warm near WSAD key area, or is it only me? o_O

6. Jason Novak

Reputations:
    Yeah, I haven't done any serious gaming on it, but that third of the keyboard is a fair amount warmer than the other side

7. Jason Novak

Reputations:
    I wanted to try to catch the keyboard flash thing - it doesn't seem to happen every time, but tend to catch it out of the corner of your eye - can see it in this clip.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuD5uU-4QKPPjdgMJbya3dmCnldQHA

I notice my space bar isn't really lighting up, not sure - seems like it is in some pictures, isn't in others

8. Jason Novak

Reputations:
    Ok, opened it up - there is a screw under the keyboard to remove before the bottom will come off - poke through the marked hole to lift it enough to pull up the keyboard. 960evo was in SSD2, moved to SSD1, now get 2600mb read, added a second SSD.

sicily428 likes this.
  9. dancsank

dancsank Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Please let us know your temps while playing games for an extended period of time. If you have bf1, overwatch, or witcher 3 those are the most heat producing I've found.

Oops nevermind - I was looking for the 1070 version

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  10. mayuk

mayuk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I only have Witcher 3 out of these 3, will try tonight and let you know