PA71HP6-G

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by sicily428, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Ramsey66

Ramsey66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Jason Novak If it's not too much trouble, I third that request. We would all love to hear what you have to say :)

2. Dendrit3

Dendrit3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Jason Novak Make it forth, I'm looking at this one currently, need a review too :)

Btw does this notebook come in GTX1080?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    No, there is no 1080 option.

4. Geforce2go

Geforce2go Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was thinking about buying this new model but just didn't like the design of it. Looks like Batman's personal laptop which I'm sure a lot of people would like but I would think I'd find the gap between the bezel and keyboard a bit annoying. I'm sure it's fantastic performance wise though. I was going to get the previous Clevo P67x series from one of the European resellers but I was just too late so I've bought the Medion Erazer instead.

It's actually the same Clevo P670HP6-G-Sync model with just a slightly different design that has led lights around the trackpad but no fingerprint reader and also has quite a premium look with a different rubberized black finish to the chassis. Otherwise everything is exactly the same apart from the fact I couldn't choose my own hard drives or request thermal paste etc, but as it's easily upgradable that wasn't a deal breaker. Extremely cheap as well which was another factor and has saved me a bucket load of cash but I must admit the warranty isn't great just being one year. Seems to be great so far though, as although I have heard this chassis does have thermal issues but so far the CPU and GPU have not exceeded 86C and 67C respectively under load. Fingers crossed I've been lucky.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What kind of loads have you thrown at it?

6. Geforce2go

Reputations:
    Well, I haven't as yet played any of the newest titles but have played EA's Star Wars Battlefront in ultra settings for about a couple of hours with G-Sync enabled. Other than that I've played Skyrim Special Edition and Rage which aren't really that taxing. I haven't done any benchmarks either as I don't know the software to use.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    3dmark is still a good go to :)

Geforce2go likes this.
  8. Geforce2go

Reputations:
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Borto88 likes this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    GPU temps tend to need longer loads to get good temperature readings but the CPU heats up a lot quicker so should be reasonable.

Geforce2go likes this.
  10. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The design reminds strongly about asus rog notebooks. I like it.

Now the question is, how are the temps and how is the screen? We probably know speakers will be meh, which 95% of the people don't care about either way. :)

Could you maybe make a picture of the bottom case when it's opened? I'd be interested in the cooling system and the overall build of the board. Temps seem pretty good considering the case, which is rare (if these temps are really on load temps)