P970ED - FN+* for LED control not working, touchpad not working, FN+F1 not working

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Amnvex, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Amnvex

Amnvex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What do you mean? You mean the BIOS itself? Speaking of that, I'm guessing my RealTek drivers are also related to that. Every time my computer wakes up from sleep or closed lid, the audio jack no longer detects a connection despite having it always plugged in. -_-

But you are talking about the BIOS, right? Pro-Star, after their merger with Sager, is responsible for providing the BIOS as I understand it. I'm sure they'll give me the right files. I was told that they need to request it from Clevo who then needs to send it to their U.S. office and then I can finally get it.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's why the files are not openly available as people have a habit of flashing the wrong one.

3. Amnvex

Reputations:
    But you'd think that most people are capable if instructions are provided, no?

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yeah so if people ask for a file they are given instructions and the right file.

Just a readme is ignored.

5. Amnvex

Reputations:
    I always read ReadMe files, though. There are cases where I don't because they're spammy/ads for some forum or something... I think I will wait until Friday to call back support and ask for BIOS files. I hope they have them by then. It's been already 1 day past what they told me for when they should have it. We'll see if that fixes any issues. All I know is that I'm not getting crazy crashes after updating my intel GPU through intel's driver updating software. The audio is no longer cutting out after sleep/reboot, and everything seems back to normal speed. Still, the hotkeys don't work and I tried the newest version of them. ACPI issues seem gone for now, but fans still can't be controlled with profiles.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You might read them but most don't.

joluke likes this.
  7. Amnvex

Reputations:
    Well, that's just darn shocking =o

And I decided that... I am going to call tomorrow and ask about my BIOS. I will report on my findings when I do.

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes, let us know :)

9. Amnvex

Reputations:
    Well, I called, but they said that it still wasn't given to them. That means I'll need to wait another week or so :(

Maybe I should just try flashing it on my own? Is there a way to acquire some other BIOS that is compatible with this mobo that also keeps the feature of the battery not overcharging?

Edit - After running a command in the shell, I managed to get everything working. I guess a bios reflash isn't necessary. It was an issue with Windows update 1903 and CCC that weren't interacting right, explaining the ACPI errors.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019