P950HR Keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by codral, Sep 2, 2018.

1. BioHazard17

BioHazard17 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My P950HR's keyboard was broken somehow, that some keys are occasionally not respond to click almost identical to what OP described. Luckily I was able to sent back to Sager (I didn't purchase directly from Sager though), which back then was only 2-3 months after i got my P950HR in 2017. I thought this was just a rare case and didn't think too much.

However, this issue has happened after maybe 6 months or so again... Well this time not as many keys are broken compares to first time. But ever since i discovered that my laptop keyboard is broken again, I don't feel comfortable to bring my P950HR outside without an external keyboard, and therefore I usually station my laptop with an external keyboard always connected, so I can still live with my laptop keyboard being broken intermittently. I did not bother to do RMA again because i know that my laptop keyboard would be broken even after a replacement...

Maybe high internal temperature is causing broken flex cable, maybe keyboard controller cannot withstand high temperature. But i feel like that particular keyboard model being use in P950HR is flawed.

codral likes this.
  2. codral

codral Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was hoping it was just the 950HR but they actually tried the P955 i believe keyboard in mine and I've got the same issues. I'm almost dead certain it's because the keyboard heats up so much during gaming, even with fans at max (which is what Clevo recommend) and using the best laptop stand money can buy the keyboard gets very warm... I am looking into consumer rights on this kind of thing (specifically sending the unit back multiple times (this is the fourth) for the same issue and receiving the same resolution which is just a temporary fix) in Aus. Metabox are being helpful, paying postage etc, replying quickly, but I partially use this as a business laptop so it costs me money in down-time to send it 3,500 kms to the other side of the country just to receive a new keyboard and a doomsday clock zzz.

I love this laptop, best i've ever owned, but this is absurd, I'll pay he extra $800-1000 next time and buy one from a company which acknowledges faults in models and designs new iterations of hardware to fix issues, especially while the thing is under warranty zzzz

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    axpira and BioHazard17 like this.