P870xM => P870TM upgrade chart parts list

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by bennyg, Jan 26, 2018.

1. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    As I was rather unimpressed (understatement) with a list of upgrade parts that circulated throughout the various P870 owners lounges recently, I looked through the service manuals and compiled a list that is hopefully more complete and correct and model-specific.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M9_CW8ADoQSPNt4VJNtu7H51-NCL1R6m0TvLSnr0nNs/edit?usp=sharing
    Google Sheets original document; anyone can edit with changes/updates/corrections. Guys please update the colour codes accordingly, add any details of testing or modding in comments, if you wish.

[​IMG]

I will periodically update the image but the Google Sheet link is intended as the working version

@Prema @tanzmeister @Mr. Fox or anyone else please share as you wish

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Dr. AMK, tanzmeister, ole!!! and 3 others like this.
  2. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
    where these parts are available?

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    maybe only eurocom, i dont know any other resellers willing to sell clevo parts, maybe except rjtech but they have very limited parts available.

@bennyg do we really need all those parts? i would think clevo would simply change the part number while keep using the samething. my best guess is cpu / mobo / cpu heatsink and GPU heatsink if people had the old vapor chamber, if single GPU they should be fine with old heatsink. didn't think bottom, middle and top pieces all needs replacement. bottom difference would be the extra vent opening but theres no fan to it anyway.

sicily428 likes this.
  4. ElCaptainX

ElCaptainX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Still not understand about this, is there mean possible to upgradeable for P870PM can get higher option?

5. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm advocating a position of "unless it's fully tested there's doubt".

Even identical parts numbers are sometimes not the complete story. The SM may be wrong for example or there may be a revised part partway through a model lifespan that is not reflected in a different part number.

I just wanted something to inform people wanting to do the mod other than what was disseminated as a "kit" across multiple threads. People should ask for details. If they had ordered a "P870TM Bottom Case" for example for their DM3 they would have been sold an unnecessary part.

ole!!! and sicily428 like this.
  6. tanzmeister

tanzmeister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    actually many of these parts are just renamed, but will function perfectly without upgrade

Prema, bennyg and sicily428 like this.
  7. tanzmeister

tanzmeister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    PM me ;)

steberg, bennyg and sicily428 like this.
  8. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  9. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Forget upgrading the P870DM...

For the other upgrades don't waste your money on all those parts:
    Going from P870DM3 to P870KM1 you only need motherboard and the 1$ power switch flex cable.
    You can dremel to make the 3rd M.2 slot accessible, but you don't have to if you don't need it.
    Going from P870KM1 to P870TM1 you need motherboard, 8th-gen CPU, GPU heatsink and CPU heatsink.
    You should dremel the frame to fit the CPU heatsink properly.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Papusan, steberg, bennyg and 2 others like this.
  10. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Great - I will update the table - I was waiting to hear from someone with the parts and knowledge before labelling things as confirmed.

Does the DM3/KM1 CPU heatsink screw in and fit? If anyone would want to use a 65W or lower 8th gen CPU and doesn't need the capability to cool an OCed 8700K?