P870KM1-G - CPU Heatsink -WaterBlock?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by cope123abc, Jun 18, 2019.

1. cope123abc

cope123abc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi Guys,

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a water block that fits the P870KM1?

Thinking of maybe an upgrade to a 9900K, but i have the vapour chamber from the DM3 , and i don't fancy doing lots of chopping and changing around.

Wouldn't have an issue with an external loop.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There's one thats been floating about ('scuse the pun) on taobao for at least a year, not sure if they're able to be used CPU only but it's definitely a separate piece to their milled dual GPU waterblock requiring a bridge section (so their full setup is 3 pieces all up).

The problem with using any other block only on the CPU is the spacing on the mounting holes, and that the dual GPU vapor chamber heatsink (even the KM and TM versions without the extra heatpipes across the CPU radiator) overlap creates serious clearance issues as well as blocking access to two of the screws that go into those holes.

3. cope123abc

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...aptops-rtx-cards-now-supported.825558/page-24

Thanks for getting back to me, I was wondering about the overlap and if this can be resolved somehow, modification to the vapour chamber? i found on a separate thread what looks to be a really decent WC block for the KM-1 but not sure if I could modify the existing GPU block to allow this to fit ?

My KM1 has a DM3 vapour chamber on.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You could modify the back plate and fit the TM series cooler on the CPU and use the KM series heatsink on the GPUs.

5. cope123abc

Reputations:
    Is there anyway i could use the existing DM3 vapour chamber and the TM series CPU cooler together?

I don't have a KM1 vapour chamber, the previous owner swapped it for a DM3 for whatever reason :)

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Mot without hacking the heatpipes off.

7. cope123abc

Reputations:
    A friend on here has kindly offered to sell me his KM1 vapour chamber cheap, so i will go for it.

Out of interest, is the DM3 vapour chamber actually better than the KM1 ? or was this a backwards step by the previous owner

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It was more biased towards the GPU cooling than CPU for sure. Your overall is similar.

joluke likes this.
  9. cope123abc

Reputations:
    Cheers dude - thinking KM1 heatsink with MOD + a TM CPU heatsink - maybe even the WC version from China if i can find the link for it.

10. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations: