p870km1 Flickering issue in and outside of games.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by case hart, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    oh no by all means, do tag me, when there is something that requires me to reply or help with. That's the whole point of tagging. But not tagging just when saying someone's name.

Like some people go:

"Thanks to @ Phoenix, I love the tweaks he has done to my system" Nothing for me to do here ;)

2. case hart

case hart Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No worries, I gotchu :)

3. case hart

Reputations:
    Okay guys here is video of the issue https://streamable.com/46s1e towards the end. (its at 4 seconds in, its almost invisible my phone must suck. It is very visible when I am playing the camera is missing it but you see the white flicker for a second)

It is greatly reduced by the new driver but still happens every minute or so. It happens in some games more. GPU and CPU very cold under 60c on both.

It only happens when connected via hdmi to my lg monitor. It will happen on the laptops monitor too ONLY when its plugged into the monitor. If its unplugged, it never happens.

Id like to add I have now tested with several hdmi's. I have another monitor I am going to test in a bit as well to rule out the monitor I am using or the port on the laptop. I don't have a mini display port to display port so Il have to order one of those.

k if I drop my secondary monitor to 50hz instead of 60hz it stops flickering. Its a work monitor I use for design and video work. It never had the issue before though. Will test with display port soon

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Interesting, have you tried to find the official driver from the monitors manufacturer website?

5. case hart

Reputations:
    I will check clevos website again and see if there is one. I don't remember seeing one. I did see 3 nvidia drivers