p870km1 Flickering issue in and outside of games.

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by case hart, Nov 13, 2017.

1. case hart

case hart Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

I just got this laptop and everythings good except it flickers white. It happens more in games but the gpu isn't running hot or anything. I imagine its driver based or a connection to the mobo might be it? I am not sure I am totally new to clevos.

I saw Phoenix had a somewhat similar issue but his did not extend to outside of games. Mine does.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. case hart

Reputations:
    I seem to have isolated it to the hdmi port on the laptop, the hdmi on the external or the hdmi cord gonna try some more and a mini display port if I have one.

3. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Try to play with color settings Color settings.PNG hope it will fix your problem.

4. case hart

Reputations:
    I tried that, didnt work. thanks though. i switched from clevos nvidia driver to the latest and its happening less,

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    you don't need to mention me with the @ sign just because you have to mention my name. you can simply say Phoenix if there's nothing for me to do here.

Stop abusing the mention feature people!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried moving the cable a little while in the port, does the image change at all?

7. case hart

Reputations:
    I actually saw that you didn't like getting tagged right after I posted this. I went back to remove the tag and while the@is Gone you're still tagged. I don't know how to fix it. I didn't even know How that whole system works. I am quite new here. While I am sorry, no need to be rude. You might want to put that I your sig not everyone thats interacted with you knows it's an issue. Cheers and thanks for your help previously.

Ultra Male likes this.
  8. case hart

Reputations:
    No change that I can discern. Thanks for checking i though

I can't even message you to clarify or apologize. You're account won't let me. you straight up blocked me over an @. Lol. Okay well good day.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
    Ultra Male likes this.
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I didn't block you dude, no one can PM me unless I PM them first. that's by design ;)

Sorry if I sounded rude about the mentioning thing, you see, lately every time I open the forum, I have like 50 mentions spread across likes received, people who quoted me, then people who mention me with the @ sign over anything they say, I know they mean no harm but it just makes it harder for me to track things with the amounts of mentions. I don't mind being mentioned when someone is asking for help or an opinion but not when they put the @ sign for the heck of it.

I understand that you didn't know this and I've removed you from my ignore list. Once again I apologize if I sounded rude, you know me, I'm not and always want to help.

t456 and Dr. AMK like this.
  10. case hart

Reputations:
    thanks and sorry for that. I honestly saw a thread of you discussing not wanting to be @'ed right after I made it. I removed the @ but it still tagged you last night. I wont going forward and again, sorry! You have been very nice and cool so you're good. glad we fixed that. I promise not to @ you unless I am on fire or aliens :)

Dr. AMK and Ultra Male like this.