P870Dm SLI low FPS

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by micka9fr, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micka9fr

micka9fr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thx for tour answer.
    Indeed my witcher3 resolution is 3840x2160 as all my game. You think that 45-50 fps would be the right score? I m a little lost between games supporting sli or not. On Titanfall2 I have follow your instruction and passed to window screen and I m near 60 fps instead of 20-30. My resolution is the same as witcher3 but in full screen I'm in 16/9. In 4/3 the max resolution is 28xx x xxxx (I don't remember exactly) and the game have more fps. I don't know how do the YouTube player that show in them video a Titanfall with 80fps with 1080 Sli. I have saw that the graphical option is not the same because the video is on date from 2016 and since this date the game have had a big update with new graphical options as the "very high". Ah one question : vsync , yes or no for sli ?

For fan speed I let the laptop manage it automatically. I known that the fan isn't at maximum because when it arrive the laptop do the noise of an air force plane.

I don t have modify my cards, in bios or Nvidia software , except the switch to play in sli mod. In some web site or YouTube video I see some time the player modify some Nvidia 3d propertie, but I don't touch them because I don't know what they do (YouTube video in English is to fast for my French ears and my bad english).

I always play with the laptop connected to the sector.

2. Glzmo

Glzmo Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't know about SLI scores, since I only have one card, but your Witcher 3 single card framerates looked alright for 3840x2160 to me. Perhaps someone that has the 1080 SLI setup could chime in if your 40-50 FPS is normal for SLI at UHD resolution. But I assume it is pretty normal with maximum or close to maximum graphics settings in the game (including Hairworks, etc.).

It's always a gamble, especially recently. To get the best SLI performance you'll have to tweak your Driver profile settings for each game with NvidiaInspector anyhow (which can also get SLI to work if there is no SLI profile included in the driver, but it requires lots of trial and error).

You need to test the same resolution (borderless) windowed and full screen (if the game allows bith modes) to see the difference. Normally proper full screen should work a bit better. If you lower the resolution the game will perform better of course.
    Has that "youtuber" you referenced used the same resolution you do?
    But it looks like SLI is working for you anyways. I searched a little on the internet and apparently Titanfall 2 SLI performance apparently has tanked with newer drivers. Try a clean install of Nvidia drivers from 2016 when SLI support was first added (sorry, not sure of the version, you'll have to search for yourself).
    As vor Vsync, disable it and see if that helps. It can be better or worse from game to game. If you use GSync (and you have a screen & video cards that support it), turn Vsync off in the game and use a framerate limiter (RTSS seems to do a good job) to limit your FPS to ~3 frames below your screen's refresh rate. If you have Gsync enabled, you could also try to temporarily disable GSync in Nvidia Control Panel and see if that helps with your game's performance, as some games/apps don't like it.

Put it at "Maximum" for testing. If it doesn't help, then put it on automatic or "Overclock" (even if you aren't overclocking) in Clevo Control Center, which usually works a bit better than "Automatic".

You can't really mess anything up with Nvidia control panel. Feel free to experiment a bit. If something doesn't work, use the button to revert to defaults. There should be tooltips in French as well if you installed the French/International version of the drivers.
    The best thing for tweaking SLI and image quality settings (also per-profile) is NvidiaInspector, though. Not sure if there is a French translation for that.

Good.

3. micka9fr

Reputations:
    Thx for your explanations. I will see this evening the G-Sync. My laptop have it. But I think that I don't use it....

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Use benchmarks like 3dmark to compare to a similar system to check everything is happy.

5. simiesk

simiesk Newbie

Reputations:
    I have similar specs ... am experiecing the same issue only when i enable anti aliasing but when disable i get normal fps in sli. Are u still experiencing the issue ?

6. micka9fr

Reputations:
    I don't have try it... I will try.

You have disable it in the game option or in the Nvidia option ?

7. simiesk

simiesk Newbie

Reputations:
    I disabled anti-aliasing on the game.. and see a huge boost on gpu usages and fps.. try it and let me know

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What type of AA are you using? What games?

AA will impact FPS a lot.

9. simiesk

simiesk Newbie

Reputations:
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Ah but you have an MSI machine, I would stick the MSI section as you never know there could be something up with your model in particular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.