P870DM Not Working (Turns on and off instantly)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by ssj92, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    @Prema @Mr. Fox @Johnksss @Meaker@Sager

So long story short....my friend got a new motherboard for his P870DM and it was working fine with the stock style note BIOS. He tried flashing this BIOS: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...clevo-laptops-rtx-cards-now-supported.825558/ and his laptop was bricked...He tried flashing various BIOS using a programmer and it's still not working.

This is my old P870DM that I sold to my friend, it is in my hands right now.

Any ways....any suggestions on what I should do? Here's a video of what happens:

Vasudev likes this.
  2. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well.. DID he put the new cpu or the old one in place!? The cpu might not be supported by the BIOS then that's why it doesnt POST. Try with the other cpu he had/has

3. The Strategist

The Strategist Living with Hope

Reputations:
    The problem mainly will be the BIOS/EC, try the stock BIOS/EC in here https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P870DMG/ , make sure that the BIOS flashed successfully with the programmer. You need yo use only supported CPU's for this model like the 6700k.

Vasudev and jaybee83 like this.
  4. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Couple of notes...this laptop has collected dust for a few months. Everything tried was a few months ago.

We tried flashing my Prema BIOS..didn't work...and then my friend tried a newer bios (coffee lake from that thread) and it also didn't work.

When the first BIOS update was performed, it was successful. My friend did the GOP part and then it immediately turned off and started doing what you see. Ever since it's been doing that with all BIOS.

He thinks something shorted.

My friend has a i3-6100 and i5-6600K, no other CPUs. The Prema BIOS should have worked when flashed but didn't so might be something else going on.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    If the ECU is corrupted then there is not much you can do.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you guys try a spi programmer.? Seems like a bad flash went on. Try a spi programmer in it and should be good to go

7. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    So basically he bent the bins on the original motherboard and bought a new one with the stock Clevo BIOS.

He wanted a new BIOS for the sake of having a new BIOS and flashed one from that thread listed. He said it was successful until he did the GOP part, where the laptop immediately shut off. Then started doing that.

We tried flashing my Prema Mod BIOS (keeping in mind all BIOS flashes were "successful") and it still did that.

A newer BIOS was released in that thread and he flashed it, same issue.

It collected dust for a few months and here we are now, it's in my hands and I want to try and fix it. If you'd like any other info I can try and ask my friend.

Here's what we used:

[​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
  9. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Just to be clear, this is a Clevo P870DM (OG model) with GTX 980 (desktop).

I just tried removing the GPU right now and turning it on and it does the exact same thing, I'm going to remove the motherboard from the chassis and see if it does same thing.

10. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    When you say "...he did the GOP part..." do I understand correctly that he flashed something to his 980?

If so please revert that back to stock vBIOS or PremaMod vBIOS via programmer.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019