P775TM1 Build Help

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by _H_, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The prema bios does let you take all the limits off yes, though that can have consequences.

Dennismungai and _H_ like this.
  2. _H_

_H_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was able to run CB15 and during the first few runs my temps stayed in the low 70's. After about 10 consecutive benchmarks with no down time my computer finally crashed. I'm thinking about increasing the cpu voltage offset a little from -0.125 to -0.115. My settings are in the image below, if anything could be tweaked to make the system more stable without compromising too much on performance i'm all ears!

Edit: Uploading picture didn't work: https://imgur.com/a/P6UAks0

[​IMG]

3. _H_

_H_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    jc_denton likes this.
  4. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    CB15 on loop will hit your system hard and likely crash it. I run it a couple times to get an average with cool down periods in between.
    It's good for quick and dirty stability testing, but you should also try putting some load on the IMC as well, to see if the undervolt is stable, since they share the same rail.
    For this HWinfo64 is a neat tool that allows monitoring of voltages, temps, perf flags and logs any L0 errors that you might not see.

For instance, my 5Ghz would pass R15 at -165mV, however it would give me an WHEA BSOD error (too low vcore/imc voltage) when running AIDA64 cache benchmark.
    So I had to lower the overall offset until it passed. A more realistic workload would be to run TimeSpy/FireStrike physics on loop for 15min or something like BFV/MW that uses AVX and stresses your IMC.

As for the fan, make sure to read up on rewiring it for the correct pinout, since you do not want to fry your motherboard. I believe you can find the schematics of the p775tm board in the manual.

Papusan, Spartan@HIDevolution and _H_ like this.
  5. _H_

_H_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree, one wrong move and my computer is toast. I'm really just getting this all done by the seat of my pants. Plus from what I've read there's no guarantee I can actually convince Prema to bestow it upon me (after financial compensation of course). Would you suggest a different BIOS option that doesn't remove the limits but still has other benefits? or just stay with the stock one for now?

6. _H_

_H_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Getting HWinfo64 now, I'll definitely check and see if everything is okay with my IMC. I was also unaware that you could loop specific parts of 3dmark benchmarks, I will have to give that a try!

I'll dig the manual out of my downloads and make sure to triple check the wiring, because you're right I do not want to fry this mobo.

I will report back with all my findings and probably some more questions!

Thank You!

jc_denton likes this.
  7. jc_denton

Reputations:
    You can with the 'advanced version', I got mine for a couple $ on steam sale. Run custom -> only check physics, then loop and windowed mode.
    Whilst having hwinfo64 running in the background and logging temps and any perf cap reasons, should there be any throttling.

Papusan likes this.
  8. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On all cores? Ah yes, the 9900kf.

What are your temps in a title such as Battlefield V?

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It has been one of the perks for the advances series for a long time :) also just running bits of the test.

10. jc_denton

Reputations:
    This KF is R0 stepping and runs much hotter that my old P0 at 5Ghz, not to mention it's voltage/frequency curve is definitely not silicon lottery :)
    I don't have BFV on this, it finishes R15 at ~77-84c depending on ambient.