P775DM3-G silent audio output issue

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by nesdnuma, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesdnuma

nesdnuma Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello,

If I plug headphones on the audio output, I can't hear anything even if the right output is selected in my applications and if the output is not muted.

Also, if I unplug the headphones, the sound comes as expected from the integrated loudspeakers.

I have tried to reboot but it doesn't solve the issue.

What's wrong?

Could it have something to do with the fact that the audio output is a combo analog/digital connection? I remember that on my previous laptop, an Apple Mac Book Pro, there was a kind of false detection of a digital plug and one had to insert a tip into the socket to make it switch back to the analog mode.

2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you already gone through the basics? (Reinstalling audio driver, checking Playback devices settings, including default output, levels, and enhancements.)

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Make sure you have the latest Clevo Control Center software installed. I had audio output issues with my old Clevo laptop that were solved when I reinstalled CCC.

4. nesdnuma

nesdnuma Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It is not clear which drivers I have to reinstall and how. The Obsidian utility updates the Sound Blaster but I don't understand why there's no mention of the Realtek device in the Obsidian utility when the soundcard appears as a Realtek and not as a SoundBlaster.

How do I know it it's the latest version and where do I get it?

5. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sound Blaster is supplemental software, it's there to make enhancements/adjustments.The actual driver and audio chip is from Realtek. You can download the driver standalone from your seller, or from Clevo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.